Quality Control Linguist Screeners are being sought for a Proposal (NMEC LION) that has a Submission Date of 3/5/2018 and anticipated award date of June 2018. Mission Essential is collecting interested candidates for this effort that once awarded will have 1 One (1) Year Base Period + Four (4) Year Option Periods of performance.
We are looking for multiple individuals who meet the below requirements and can effectively perform the duties listed and speak English and one of the Target Languages listed below
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: SECRET or TOP SECRET w/SCI Access
• Conducts and prepares accurate written gists, translations, and/or transcriptions, of general and technical material, consisting of hand or type written, audio, and/or video language material and documents in hard copy and electronic formats, using correct syntax and expression from the specific foreign language and in English, in a manner that maintains the integrity and meaning of the material.
• Must quickly scan and process a large amount of material in a foreign language for critical and essential elements of information as defined by NMEC standard operating procedures (SOP).
• Provide input to media exploitation team members in the production of written reports developed from target material utilizing the specific foreign language, such as providing a gist (summarization of key points), summary, transcript or written translation of the material.
• Leverage technical automated information system skills, such as word processing and data entry, to be used in conjunction with written translations, use advanced language software programs, and participate in forensic processing.
• Reviews the work products of other Linguist/Screeners to ensure they adhere to NMEC standards for quality.
• Must provide feedback regarding the work and the quality of Screeners, as well as, input into potential improvements in the existing translation and screening process to optimize quality.
• Also responsible for ensuring that linguist resources, term bases and glossaries are updated to reflect the most accurate terminology according to NMEC standards.
• MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
• Must have a minimum of general professional proficiency (3) in a Foreign Language and a minimum of general professional proficiency (3) in English, with preference given to general professional proficiency plus (3+) or higher whenever possible.
• Must be proficient in the MS Office Suite.
• Must be comfortable briefing senior Government personnel.
• Must be able to multi-task and be organized and adaptable to changing/evolving requirements.
• Active SECRET or Top Secret Level Clearance with SCI Access; Investigation Must be within scope and appear in JPAS
• Must be willing to travel and complete temporary duty assignments overseas