Provide cutting-edge open source big data exploitation
and social media analysis to US Africa Command
(USAFRICOM) all-source intelligence teams.
Conduct social media analysis across a wide range of
geographies and topics, including regional political and
military affairs, and transnational threats and issues.
Analyze media activities to identify key communicators,
relationships and trends. Prepare and disseminate
summary reports. Contribute to integrated all-source
Assist in management of web-based applications and tools.
Maintain up-to-date knowledge on the latest applications,
practices, programs and trends evolving in the social
media and networking realm.Interface regularly with senior
management and executive leadership. Work in a fastpaced,
challenging environment and provide mentorship for less experienced employees
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Electronical Engineering or other engineering
or technical discipline.
• Must have knowledge of one or more programming/ scripting languages: HTML, Ruby, Python and/or
Java. Prior web application development, knowledge of databases and data management Must have
knowledge of hardware, networks, and server administration.
• Demonstrated skill with Producing Technical Reports, Social Network Analysis, and/or
Geospatial analysis Strong understanding of logical/physical IP core infrastructure, communication
devices and how they connect to networks, and the traffic movements in a network.
• Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Knowledge of intelligence oversight and
OSINT legal and policy directives and limitations.
• Knowledge of the deep and dark web, social media and social networking sites, and OSINT
research and operational Security best practices.
• Knowledge and experience with application of metadata.
• Strong analytic, research and writing skills High degree of knowledge of Social Media
Platforms, blogs, IRC, message boards Proficient with investigative tools, such as Who is, Ping,
• Knowledge of IPv4, IPv6, DNS records, E-mails Headers, P2P Knowledge of web scraping and
proven ability to automate gathering of data from the web
• 1-2 years of social media analysis, social media marketing, or computer data science experience
• 4-6 years of intelligence analysis experience or equivalent professional or academic social science experience
Regional and/or language expertise in Africa
• BA or BS in relevant field
• 8+ years of intelligence analysis experience, or, specialized experience in the areas of social
science/ social media & 10+ year’s academic experience.
Credentialed subject matter expert or recognized specialist in relevant field