Qualified candidates will be able to translate and perform consecutive interpretation between English and the source language/s. Interpretation may include individual meetings or conference-type settings; simultaneous interpretation skills are a plus, but not required. Work will be performed in a fast-paced environment and requires flexibility. Each linguist is expected to have expertise in a variety of topics ranging from technical to political and military vocabulary and an understanding of a variety of dialects/jargon is a plus. There is a range of types and locations of work worldwide and in the Northern Virginia area.
Mission Essential is looking for qualified Linguist/Translators for the following languages for U.S. Citizens who hold Security Clearances with a variety of capabilities who speak one or more of the languages below
• Chinese Mandarin
• Kurdish Kurmanji
• Kurdish Sorani
• Arabic + Kurdish Kurmanji
• Arabic + Kurdish Sorani
• Arabic + French
• Arabic + Turkish
• Pashto and Dari
Relevant Years of Experience:
• Minimum of 3-5 years of recent and relative experience
• BA/BS required with many positions requiring some college in the area the language being processed for is spoken.
Cores Skills for most positions:
• Interpretation, Translation of Target Language to English, Translation of English into Target Language, Transcription of Target Language to English, and Transcription of English to Target Language
Ancillary Skills for most positions:
• Editing, Workflow, Quality Control, Summarizing/Gisting, Blogging, Collection, Content Management, Monitoring, Scanning, Triage, Writing Reports, and Workflow
Areas of Expertise (not required for all but the more represented the better):
• Counterproliferation, Counterterrorism, Cyber, Economics, Military, Narcotics, Religion and Science, and Sponsor Operations
• Preference is given to higher clearances. However, all candidates with any level of clearance, including those with no clearance but are U.S. Citizens and deemed eligible may be considered.
• Candidates must be proficient at a level 3/3+ on the ILR or equivalent scale or higher as well as be able to pass an English comprehension test.
• Excellent Target Language and English skills are an absolute must.
• Successful candidates must be able to travel to Northern Virginia to take a Government Proctored Translation and Interpretation Language exam in order to be considered for this position