Mission Essential is accepting applications for linguist candidates interested in a Proposal bid for future work who can speak the Arabic-Iraqi Dialect and English and also read and write in Modern Standard Arabic and English. Linguist will provide foreign language support to classified Contingency Operations in support of the U.S. Military in various overseas locations supporting CENTCOM AOR.
Specifically, the linguist will:
• Support their assigned unit up to 7 days per week for a minimum of 8 hours per day which can be extended to 12 hours or longer depending on mission requirements.
• Speak in Arabic-Iraqi Dialect and English and also write in clear and concise grammar and pronunciation in Modern Standard Arabic and English.
• Have the ability to conduct consecutive, accurate translation and interpretation of on-going conversations and/or activities.
• Have the familiarity with and ability to conduct oneself in accordance with the local culture and customs.
• Have the ability to deal inconspicuously with local populace if necessary.
• Be willing and able to live and work in harsh environments, to include living and working in temporary facilities as mission dictates.
• Have the ability to serve in a combat zone if necessary.
• Have the ability to function effectively and efficiently during extended periods of high pressure and stress.
• Have the ability to function as an integral member of a team of highly trained professionals responsible for the safety and security of U.S. forces, U.S. and foreign dignitaries, and facilities/resources