The Linguist Screener positions are for a Proposal (NMEC LION) that has a Submission Date of 3/5/2018 and anticipated award date of June 2018. Mission Essential is collecting interested candidates for this effort that once awarded will have 1 One (1) Year Base Period + Four (4) Year Option Periods of performance.
We are looking for multiple individuals who meet the below requirements and can effectively perform the duties listed in their Target Language(s) and English
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: SECRET and TOP SECRET w/SCI Access
• Conducts and prepares accurate written gists, translations, and/or transcriptions, of general and technical material, consisting of hand or type written, audio, and/or video language material and documents in hard copy and electronic formats, using correct syntax and expression from the specific foreign language and in English, in a manner that maintains the integrity and meaning of the material.
• Must quickly scan and process a large amount of material in a foreign language for critical and essential elements of information as defined by NMEC standard operating procedures (SOP).
• Provide input to media exploitation team members in the production of written reports developed from target material utilizing the specific foreign language, such as providing a gist (summarization of key points), summary, transcript or written translation of the material.
• Leverage technical automated information system skills, such as word processing and data entry, to be used in conjunction with written translations, use advanced language software programs, and participate in forensic processing.
• MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
• Must have a minimum of general professional proficiency (3) in a Foreign Language and a minimum of general professional proficiency (3) in English, with preference given to general professional proficiency plus (3+) or higher whenever possible.
• At least 50% of Screeners should have a general proficiency plus (3+) or higher in the Foreign Target Language, and at least 20% of Screeners should have Military Intelligence and/or equivalent experience.
• At least 33% of the Screeners will be cleared Top Secret/SCI in the primary and other designated languages by the government.
• Active Secret or Top Secret Level Clearance with SCI Access or Investigation Must be within scope and appear in JPAS
• Many languages will require Temporary Deployment to possible Combat Zones, candidates should be willing to live and work in austere environment and be in good physical shape