Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: SSBI - Current
Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail. Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you’ve even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems. Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space. We are actively seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We’re looking for you.
This is a Responsible Subsystem Engineer (RSE) position for the Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) IPT on a complex Space Program. In this position, you will take ownership of the electronic unit specification, support unit level assembly and integration, provide verification oversight of testing to ensure execution of the Requirements Verification Plan and Test Requirements Document at the unit level, complete technical review of Test Procedures, support Failure Review Board, and perform the final compliance assessment and documentation sell-off of the electronic unit to SEIT.
- Minimum 6 years of engineering experience
- Experience with requirements development, maintenance and management of requirements through the use of DOORS requirement database management tool
- Background in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Hardware
- Ability to perform Electrical drawings/schematics/test procedure technical reviews
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems as separate requirements within the basic qualifications/required skills list
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Required active SSBI clearance
- Experience with Electrical design integration – interpreting signal lists, Electrical inter Connect Drawings (EICDs), and intra and inter box knowledge
- Experience with requirements verification and sell-off
- Experience with supporting formal reviews such as Test Readiness Review (TRR), Failure Review Board (FRB), Consent to Ship Review (CTSR)
- Team oriented individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Master's Degree/PhD in relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM), or Master’s degree in relevant field with 6 years of engineering experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
General Engineering, Integration and Test Engineering, Test Engineering, Systems Engineering, Space and Airborne Systems, Engineering, All General Engineering, Integration & Test Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering
JBRaytheon Space Systems-Mid Level-Electrical Subsystems Engineer-SSBI JP2 ICJBMeta