Location: Riyadh Ar Riyāḑ
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Raytheon Saudi Arabia is a prime defense, aerospace and cyber security provider and delivers innovative solutions to customers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Communications Director reports to the Chief Executive of Raytheon Saudi Arabia and will primarily be responsible for setting up the Communications function for Raytheon SA while executing the strategic communications plan. This position will be located Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and will require international travel.The Communications Director will also report to the IDS Communications Vice President and is an integral part in the collaboration with the wider corporate Communications leadership team and the Communications staff of other Raytheon businesses. This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.Main duties:
- Enhance awareness and reputation of Raytheon Saudi Arabia’s growing business and the Raytheon brand
- Build industry leadership position and enhance government identity through strategic communications
- Build and enhance existing relationships with customers, current employees and prospective employees, government leaders and their influencers, media organizations, employees, suppliers and other key stakeholders
- Lead all internal and external communications for Raytheon Saudi Arabia with an emphasis on building, deploying and measuring the effectiveness of digital content and channels
Basic (required) Qualifications
- Shape and execute effective executive communications to achieve business goals through the Chief Executive and other senior leadership as required.
- Serve as the senior communications counselor to the Raytheon Saudi Arabia Chief Executive and Leadership Team
- Collaborate with Business Development, Government relations, and the Business Leads to build appropriate communications strategies to increase the Raytheon Saudi Arabia brand identity with relevant Government bodies and officials
- Support the growth and continued success of the business through the design, development and execution of communication strategies and programs in alignment with business strategies with a particular focus on corporate social responsibility programs as well as trade shows and events.
- Lead the branding and identity program for Raytheon Saudi Arabia, consistent with Corporate brand standards
- Hire, train & manage an in-country a communications specialist. Ensure the specialist is well-versed on all brand and communications standards and policies
- Determine communications needs and protocols for Raytheon SA joint venture companies, particularly in the cyber arena.
- Serve as an active member of the corporate International Communications and IDS Communications teams in the development and implementation of enterprise-wide strategies, programmes and practices; work closely with Raytheon International Inc. communications team collaborating on strategic programs funding and execution
- Work closely with IDS Communications as well as the Corporate Affairs & Communications teams to ensure alignment on branding, media & digital/social engagement, employee communications, meetings, events & tradeshows, community relations activities and programs
- Leverage Corporate-approved agencies and event resources to ensure message and brand consistency and to maximize spend efficiencies.
- Bachelors level degree in communications, journalism or marketing
- 14 years of relevant integrated communications experience in a multi-national company working from Saudi Arabia
- Intimately knowledgeable of Saudi Arabia culture, government and leadership, customs and business norms
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- Track record in the developing and executing strategic, integrated communications programs supported by a facts-and-data approach to key stakeholder engagement
- Ability to support leaders in presentations and public speaking at high profile events
- Collaborative abilities to collaborate effectively across a global, matrixed company and develop support for the organization’s communications priorities
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and customers
- Able to prepare and support leaders effectively in crisis communication if required
- Experienced with Digital communications across all available external and internal channels, including video and graphics concepting
- Relevant Advertising, Media and Government relations experience.
- Creative and strategic abilities in the development and implementation of successful, measurable communications programs
- Ability to communicate and influence through digital channels within all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders
- Superior ability to work effectively in business and cross-company teams
- A high level of energy, commitment, and passion for results
- Ability to work within urgent deadlines and experience in juggling multiple high priority tasks
- Experience working in a communications agency
- Knowledge of defense and aerospace industry
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing and developing direct report(s)
- Ability to serve as an effective member of a leadership team, displaying strong business acumen, strategic counseling abilities influencing skills, and executive presentation and briefing skills
Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, All, Corporate Affairs and Communications Communications, Marketing, Public Relations
JBRaytheon Director, Communications JP2 ICJBMeta