Location: Tewksbury Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret
Senior Principal Electrical Engineer: System Lead (Antenna & Microwave)
We are seeking candidates with a strong working knowledge of radar systems including architectures and RF/Microwave components and subsystems and a strong working knowledge of electromagnetic theory.
Candidates will enjoy using their strong analytical skills in radar, antenna, and microwave systems, as well as hands-on experience in the testing of microwave components and antennas. Candidates will employ their written and oral communications skills, and a desire to provide technical support for proposal activities. Team leadership skills including cost and schedule management experience are desired. Candidates will have a propensity for learning through self-study, and be comfortable in a multi-tasking environment.Candidate must also be capable of working with multi-disciplines of engineering.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering and 12+ years of experience in antenna or radar analysis and hardware design and test
- Experience in radar system design and radar system operation
- Experience leading technical teams in antenna, RF/microwave, or radar developments
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering and 8+ years of experience in antenna or radar analysis and hardware design and test
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong academic background that includes courses in: Microwave Engineering, Electromagnetic Theory, Antenna Theory, and Radar Systems
- Hands-on experience with electromagnetic simulation tools such as Ansoft HFSS, HP ADS, and phased array or RCS analysis tools
- Strong measurement capability, including Vector Network Analyzers, and antenna measurements
- Experience in technical writing, proposal writing, and oral presentations
- Experience in cost estimating, budget and schedule management
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Why I Choose Raytheon
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Electrical Engineering, Engineering, All, Integrated Defense Systems Massachusetts Opportunities Electrical Engineering
JBRaytheon Senior Principal Electrical Engineer - Antenna / Microwave Department JP2 ICJBMeta