Location: Marlborough Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret
Principal Electrical Engineer - Analog / Power Systems
Raytheon is seeking experienced Electrical Engineers with proven leadership ability and knowledge of analog electronics, power electronics, and/or power systems. The successful candidate will lead and contribute to numerous technical tasks related to analog and power system design, including: managing technical tasks, communicating within and outside of the electrical engineering function, planning new efforts, and providing technical expertise within the department.
The Power and Electronic Systems Department is responsible for design engineering including the following areas:
- Power System Design - Power System Noise, System Simulation and Modeling, Solid State Transmitters, Tube Transmitters, High Voltage Design, Power Sources, Generators
- Power Distribution - Ground, Air, Shipboard, and Space, Power Generation, Line Voltage, High Current, Low Voltage, Micro-Power, DC, AC, Multi-Phase Power Control, Fault Reporting, Isolation, Protection Circuits, Redundant Systems
- Power Sub-System Design - Filters, Harmonic Control, EMI, Circuit Simulation, Magnetics, Protective Relay Systems, Short Circuit and Stress Analyses
- Power Conversion - AC/DC, DC/DC and DC/AC, Linear and Switching Supplies, Power Factor Correction (PFC), Zero Voltage Switching (ZVS), Resonant Circuits, Synchronization, Noise Controls
- Control Systems – Servo Control Systems, Motor/Power/Process Control, Digital Feedback Systems, Command Generation, Inertial Stabilization, Navigation Algorithms
- 15+ years related experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience managing complex technical tasks, including delegation of work and review of work products
- Demonstrated technical specialty in the area of analog electronics, power electronics, and/or power systems
- Modeling and simulation using PSPICE, MATLAB/Simulink, or similar computer based tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering
- Hardware development experience in a DoD environment
- Experience generating technical documentation
- Experience interfacing with customers, procurement and manufacturing, and external suppliers to ensure proper implementation of product designs
- Existing security clearance
Organization and Key Competencies:
- Opportunities for continued growth include the following roles:
- Team leader: Direct a team in completing specific tasks, reporting status and results as required.
- Program management: Direct a technical, cross-functional team on work related to a specific program or contract. May include budget and schedule management.
- Functional management: Direct employees’ career development, assignments, and performance while continuing to contribute to technical work.
- Engineering Fellow: Highly competitive classification for individuals engaged in advanced research and/or product development.
Raytheon’s Electrical Design Directorate (EDD) provides engineering design, integration and production to core radar, sonar, torpedo and combat system competencies including power systems, torpedo and sonar electronics, receivers and exciters, antennas, and microwave sub-assemblies.
Keywords: Power electronics, power systems, analog circuits, simulations
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .www.raytheon.com
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Why I Choose Raytheon
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Electrical Engineering, Engineering, All, Integrated Defense Systems Massachusetts Opportunities Electrical Engineering
JBRaytheon Principal Electrical Engr JP2 ICJBMeta