Location: Taipei Taipei
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Position Contingent upon Contract award.
The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is seeking engineering professionals to be part of the System Engineering team that will design and develop world-class submarine combat systems at our Taiwan location. The successful candidate will become intimately involved with our Taiwan customer to help communicate across language and cultural perspectives, shape and define the complex requirements, architecture, and technical solutions needed for the Indigenous Defense Submarine program. They will be able to work with a US-based team of engineers to facilitate knowledge transfer, customer needs, technical status, risks, and opportunities.
This position is contingent on contract award
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- 10 years of previous experience
- Proven ability to interface with Senior Management and customers and lead technical solutions to complex user requirements
- Experience with submarine warfare concepts, technologies, combat systems, and weapons systems
- Must speak, read, and write Mandarin Chinese at the limited working proficiency level (ILR Level 2)
- Prior military experience with US Navy Submarine Programs. Experience during new submarine design, construction, and/or initial sea trials highly desired
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined, technical team with the ability to develop, empower, motivate and monitor the team.
- Experience with management of requirements for combat systems
- Familiarity with IPDS, internal reviews and gate reviews (particularly associated with SRR, PDR and CDR).
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and IBM Architecture/Requirements Tools (DOORS, Rational Rhapsody, etc.)
- Experience living and/or working aboard, especially in Taiwan or other Asia-Pacific country highly desired
- Ability to analyze and evaluate technical systems
- Knowledge of engineering standards (or developing new standards where none currently exist) to assure quality systems engineering
- Excellent communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Mandarin Chinese proficiency at the professional working level (ILR Level 3) or better highly desired
- Experience with translation of documents between English and Chinese (traditional form)
- Experience with interpreting for official delegations between English and Mandarin Chinese
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or related discipline.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Engineering Technology, Engineering, All Engineering Technology
JBRaytheon Sr Principal Systems Engr JP2 ICJBMeta