Location: Dulles Virginia
Security Clearance: SSBI - Current
This position is contingent on contract award.Raytheon is seeking a Service Operations Manager for an opportunity in Dulles, VA. This opportunity is contingent on the Raytheon team being awarded the contract. The Service Operations Manager is responsible for directing the service operation activities of the contract to ensure successful completion within the customer’s defined quality control parameters. In this position you will serve as a direct report to the Program Manager and you will lead the Tier II Service Operations Team that provides 24x7 and day staff hardware operations and maintenance support to mission systems. The Service Operations Team provides support at two customer sites and at various tail sites located world-wide. This is a competitive pursuit that provides Tier II Maintenance Services to a Proprietary Customer. The Service Operations Manager will work closely with the subcontractors and the customers to develop and maintain trusting relationships. The successful Service Operations Manager candidate will be required to provide effective and creditable program capabilities and options to the Proprietary Customer and will represent the program’s capabilities to the customer and the IC community.RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Participate in developing program strategic plans for two customer sites and the related tail sites
- Manage Service Operations, to ensure appropriate assignment of work tasks, responsibilities, and authority level
- Ensure operating policies and procedures are established and followed consistent with Raytheon policies
- Plan and de-conflict resource requirements
- Identify and develop approaches to pursue new opportunities to increase business base
- Represent the program to customers and government representatives
- Develop and expand a highly skilled staff and improve our core competencies
- Practice and instill continued use of Continuous Service Improvement (CSI)/ 6 Sigma practices to improve program performance, customer perception, teammate partnerships and business and personnel growth
- Mentor personnel and implement diversity of thought and diversification of personnel to build an organization capable of sustained growth
Required Education (including Major): BS in a scientific or engineering field of study or BS in Business Management with no less than 10 years relevant experience, including sufficient work background to effectively manage a complex global multi-site program. DESIRED SKILLS:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Science, Technology or Engineering) or equivalent experience.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years related program management experience
- ITIL Service Operations Certification
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage hardware maintenance activities
- Continually review and monitor status of program/pursuit activities both internally and externally and recommend revisions and/or updates to these plans as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at multiple organizational levels
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite
- Current SSBI Security Clearance
- Previous experience as a line/functional lead
- Knowledge of and experience working with similar proprietary programs
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on management and technical efforts currently underway
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prepare and deliver to authoritative organizational, engineering and technical briefings
- Experience working with teams in multiple global locations
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. Active SSBI Security Access and U.S. Citizenship required.NOTE: This position can be a Manager II or III Information Sys Technology based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.
- Experience as an engineering or IT service manager, with both technical and line management responsibilities
- Experience with systems, particularly previous deployment of developed systems to operations.
- Experience in schedule development, action item management, requirement change management and overall development and progress metrics.
- Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Program Management, Warfighter Support Services, All Program Management
JBRaytheon Service Operations Manager JP2 ICJBMeta