Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
This engineering position requires a high degree of radar systems technical competency and creativity. The Senior Systems Engineer I contributes to the technical performance of activities in the fighter control radar product family, engineering decisions impacting H/W, OFP, radar capabilities development, integration, verification, and work products delivery while ensuring the product meets all technical specifications, operational requirements and customer expectations.
The Senior Systems Engineer I contributes to development aspects of production programs within the Fighter Control Radar product family which includes design completion and integration, performance analysis, critical trade studies, statistical performance modeling and predictions, flight test analysis, data reduction, and modes/capabilities verification to ensure requirements compliance.
The Senior Systems Engineer I reports to one of the Section Managers in the Tactical Radar Systems Department and is assigned to the Fighter Control Radar program area in Secured Sensor Solutions (SSS) Mission Area.
Applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
***US Citizenship required as selected candidate will need a clearance day one of employment***
- Minimum 4 years of experience with the following areas related to radar systems: AESA radar development, architectural trade studies, signal processing, tactical radar sensor platform, A/A, A/G, synthetic aperture radar imaging, radar capabilities/performance prediction, flight test data analysis, integration and verification in SIL.
- Experience with fighter control radar product family, radar H/W and S/W architecture, and mode development, integration, and verification
- Experience with physical limitations to implementing complex algorithms in real hardware, and the ability to allocate high level performance requirements to the modes and hardware
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- US Citizenship
- Ability to access US Only Data
- Knowledge of Systems level Concept of Operations
- F15, F18, Gen4/Gen4 radar experience
- Analysis which predicts overall system performance, error margins and performance budgets (link budget)
- Work with customer(s) to understand requirements for system performance, quality, reliability, and top level costs.
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Program Management, Test Engineering, Systems Engineering, Technical, Engineering, All Program Management, Systems Engineering, Technical, Test Engineering
JBRaytheon Radar Mode Analyst JP2 ICJBMeta