Location: Ottawa Ontario
Security Clearance: Secret
The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint Canada and United States radar system that includes 47 sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaskan border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America’s polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD).
Raytheon provides Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services for the NWS including full care, custody, and control of the entire system and its components. This includes the radar sites, five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a repair depot. Key activities include maintenance and repair of radar and electronic systems, power generation, and facilities; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.
|Raytheon seeks an Electrical Engineer to support the NWS system O&M Program Office in Ottawa. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:|
- Develop project design files including: requirements, business case analysis, risk and impact analysis, detailed design drawings, technical specifications, and cost estimates.
- Present project briefs at technical design review meetings.
- Develop maintenance plans for system designs and training requirements for maintenance personnel.
- Provide design and technical support during implementation phase of projects.
- Assist with procurement and component engineering problems
- Provide technical support for Repair, Operations and Maintenance of facilities and functional system.
- Provide liaison functions with project stakeholders and the North Warning System Office, including technical and procedural questions to support design related items.
- Periodic interactions with subcontractors and equipment manufacturers to resolve specific design and support requirements.
- Occasional travel to remote areas of Canada’s Arctic to perform on-site engineering investigations required.
- Perform other duties as assigned, which are unplanned or transient in nature.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 4 years’ related experience.
- Have or be eligible to apply for a professional designation within three months (P.Eng).
- Ability to read and comprehend technical and administrative instructions written in English.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel; self-motivated and highly organized to keep track of multiple projects.
- Possess strong analytical, communication and report writing skills as well as a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Adaptability and ability to manage multiple priorities and work cross-culturally within the Canadian Arctic.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience in designing fire alarm systems and knowledge of the National Fire Code of Canada (NFCC).
- Knowledge of power distribution and generation on low voltage systems (< 600VAC).
- Understanding of control circuitry and the ability to troubleshoot DC circuits.
- Knowledge of motor controls and frequency drives.
- Experience dealing with acquisitions by the Canadian Department of National Defense (CDND).
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity and an understanding of work in the Canadian Arctic.
Raytheon Canada Limited is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.
NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply. Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner.
Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, All Electrical Engineering
JBRaytheon NWS Electrical Engineer I JP2 ICJBMeta