Location: Woburn Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Job Description:Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems conducts 25 Billion USD per-year in sales, but what attracts brilliant minds to Raytheon is the extraordinary technology and tremendous job satisfaction that comes from making our nation safe. Raytheon is pioneering a push to marry machine learning and advanced algorithm development opportunities together with radar system concepts, in order to increase the effectiveness and capabilities of military systems. Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems is looking for top candidates to perform the duties of a Principal Systems Engineer to support the Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID). The team member will work with one of the premier radar systems in the world, building advanced algorithms focused on applying state of the art machine learning approaches to a variety of detection, classification, and tracking challenges involving multiple targets in highly complex environments. The individual will collaborate with a team to develop radar system concepts, generate requirements, create models, analyze, and optimize system performance. Furthermore, SADID provides opportunities to invent new concepts and explore ideas relating to defense and the exploration of truly novel capabilities. These Independent Research and Development (IRAD) projects provide the rewards of exploring new research and turning it into real capability for our warfighters.SADID is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within IDS and we welcome you to join our tradition of achieving excellence through individual thought and team work while leveraging diversity. SADID provides requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment that is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus-oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, sonar and undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, operational analysis and simulation modeling research and development, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems.Raytheon benefits include: Holiday time, Paid time off (PTO), Flexible Schedules (9/80, Modified Time, Part-time), 401K, Retirement Income Savings, Employee Discounts, Performance Sharing, Educational Assistance, Continuous Learning and much more.Raytheon offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth, as well as superior benefits.Job Description:The Missile Defense and Sensor Solutions Department is seeking engineering professionals to be part of the System Engineering teams for the Woburn, MA, location. The Engineer will support the design and development of world-class Missile Defense radars. Specific tasks include developing radar system concepts, generating and flowing down requirements, modeling and simulating radar behavior, analyzing data, and supporting integration and test activities. Note: This position can be either a G10 or G11 level based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the position.Required Skills:
- Masters/Ph.D. Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Statistics with minimum of 8(+) years of experience in the field of engineering or a related technical discipline working with Matlab or Python
- Experience applying Machine Learning concepts
- Leadership experience with system level requirements development, documentation and maintenance
- Experience developing system models, algorithms, test vectors and analysis tools in support of analyzing requirements and performance.
- Detail oriented self-starter who can function independently
- Good communications skills, with the ability to develop, document, and maintain processes, methods and tools
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Leadership experience applying Machine Learning concepts
- Experience implementing machine learning concepts such as Gaussian Mixture Models, Hidden Markov Models, Support Vector Machines, Dimensionality Reduction, Neural Network Design, and Nonlinear Programming
- Experience with radar detection, discrimination, track and signal processing algorithms and their behaviors and performance
- High proficiency in Matlab or Python with experience using Pandas/Keras with Tensor Flow
- Experience configuring and using GPUs for Machine Learning
- Prior experience with DoD Radar Design and Development Programs
- Existing DoD Secret Security Clearance
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries.
Systems Engineering, Algorithms, Engineering, All, Integrated Defense Systems Massachusetts Opportunities Algorithms, Systems Engineering
JBRaytheon X-Band Radar Principal Systems Engineer JP2 ICJBMeta