Location: Andover Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret
Job Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer II - Surface Acoustic Wave
Raytheon Company’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) Mechanical Engineering Directorate (MED) leads in mechanical hardware design, development and production of radar, sonar, torpedo and combat system equipment. The Mechanical Engineering Directorate uses state-of-the-art tools, processes, technology, and Raytheon Six Sigma principles.
Provide microelectronic hardware process engineering support to the Surface Acoustic Wave Hybrid Module Assembly Area, with a focus on process improvement, cycle time reduction, defect prevention and the introduction of new hybrid electronic modules to production. Individual will be required to participate in process improvement initiatives, establishment of process base line metrics, and SPC implementation and process data analysis. The individual will be involved in the development and shaping of new hybrid module designs and volume processes to manufacture these designs.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within one year of start date.
Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in micro-electronic hybrid assembly
- Experience with supporting a micro-electronics assembly production floor, (process and or quality focus).
- Experience with the development of new hybrid manufacturing processes and transition to production of new products and processes to support volume manufacturing
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Experience supporting and programming Palomar Wire and Ribbon bonding equipment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Development and implementation of SPC techniques and Design of Experiments
- Microelectronic Assembly and Wire and Ribbon Bonding Experience
- Working Knowledge of MIL-PRF-38534 and MIL-STD-883
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Design, development and implementation of new processes, equipment and tools
- Must be adaptable and willing to work varying assignments
- Ability to obtain a clearance or existing security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Applied Physics or equivalent discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Mathematics, Computer Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, All, Integrated Defense Systems Massachusetts Opportunities Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering
JBRaytheon Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Surface Acoustic Wave JP2 ICJBMeta