Location: Cambridge Massachusetts
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) is looking for creative, talented individuals to join our world-class Analytics & Machine Intelligence group and to help us advance the state-of-the-art in our areas of operation. Our work ranges from seminal research and development to advanced fielded solutions. BBN's research team collaborates with universities on a range of cutting edge projects. Our research activities drive the development of industry-leading 24x7 solutions and their deployment into demanding user environments.
At BBN, Scientists I work with a team of experienced staff to design and implement new techniques in a variety of technologies, including speech recognition, speaker ID, language ID, machine translation, information extraction, question-answering, machine learning, NLP, document image processing, and video analysis. Responsibilities include algorithm implementation, testing, analyzing, and documenting the performance of the new algorithms, and integrating the resulting advances into existing systems and components.
• BS (in CS or related field) with 6+ years, or MS (in CS) with 4+ years, or PhD (in CS) with 0-3 years
• Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
• Fluent in Java and well versed in object oriented programming.
• Familiar with distributed systems
• Can drive the software lifecycle from initial design to working prototype to deploying at production scale collaborative environment
• Strong communicator with demonstrated ability to address customer needs in a dynamic environment
• Comfortable supporting research codebases written in Python or Perl
• Background in probability, statistics, or machine learning
• Experience in multimedia processing technologies, streaming audio/video and supporting standards
• Has managed large-scale data sets using Hadoop, Accumulo, Elastic, or other NoSQL systems
• Has containerized software for continuing integration, delivery, and deployment via Docker, Mesos
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Research & Development, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, All Computer Science, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Research & Development
JBRaytheon Software Scientist I - Machine Learning & NLP JP2 ICJBMeta