Location: Colorado Springs Colorado
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO. The successful candidate will support the current and evolving Strategic Systems Engineering Services (SSES) efforts for the Systems Simulation, Software and Integration Directorate (S3I) Customer.
The Strategic Systems domain includes support activities for Combatant Commanders and Agencies (such as AMC, MDA, Homeland Security, Program Executive Office Enterprise Information Systems (PEO EIS), TRANSCOM, INSCOM) and related FMS efforts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Acting as the primary POC from the Indicium Communications Engineering and Security (ICES) organization to all external support entities for Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Ground Tests, Flight Tests, and Exercises
• Acting as primary POC during planning meetings for BMDS Ground Tests, Flight Tests, and Exercises
• Identifying, defining, and refining support requirements for BMDS Ground Tests, Flight Tests, and Exercises
• Working with network engineering and communications engineering teams to ensure support requirements are faithfully met
• Maintaining a comprehensive schedule and managing the travel for all engineers necessary to meet support requirements
• Assigning support roles to engineering team in order to meet specific event support requirements while maintaining overall roles to support greater organizational requirements
• Assisting the Operations Director in the preparation and maintenance of funding ROMs for each BMDS GT, FT, and Exercise
• Providing BMDS systems engineering expertise in support of the Engineering and Communication Lead, Infrastructure Lead, Operations Director, and Program Task Lead
• Acting as an integrator between multi-disciplinary groups of engineers to help fulfill event support requirements
• Minimum of 6 years of BMDS systems engineering experience
• Must be US Citizen with current/existing Secret clearance
• Demonstrated experience in using MS Office suite products
• Demonstrated experience in the briefing of technical material to a varied audience
• Demonstrated experience in the systems engineering process
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a STEM field (Master’s degree preferred)
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• Experience with MDA Ground Test program
• Experience with MDA Flight Test program
• Experience with MDA Wargames and Exercise program
• Experience leading small, specialized teams
• Knowledge of MDA hierarchy and leadership structure
• Availability to work infrequent nights or weekends
• Availability to travel infrequently for one week or less at a time
• Ability to balance technical, human, and monetary constraints to achieve customer satisfactionThis position requires a U.S. Person
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Systems Engineering, Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, All Systems Engineering
JBRaytheon Senior Systems Engineer JP2 ICJBMeta