Location: Andover Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret
Senior Device Modeling Engineer I / II.
As a senior device modeling engineer working with Raytheon’s GaAs and GaN technologies you will be responsible for the generation of active and passive models for products being developed in our III-V semiconductor foundry. These models will then be used by Raytheon’s MMIC Design team to create Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits (MMICs) for use in both commercial and defense electronic systems.
Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
- Design and layout of device modeling test structures and chips
- Evaluation, use, and support of measurement and parameter extraction hardware and software
- Execution of device characterization test plans including static & pulsed I-V, C-V, CW & pulsed bias S-Parameter, load/source-pull, TOI, and noise measurements
- Analyzing parametric test data, collecting and analyzing modeling device data, and extracting device models
- Developing advanced device model formulations and model extraction algorithms
- Releasing models into MMIC Process Design Kits (PDKs) in Keysight ADS, and publishing device model documentation and foundry design manuals
- Assisting device and process engineers in analyzing and understanding the detailed performance of various semiconductor active and passive devices through direct measurement
- Assisting EDA engineers in developing and testing MMIC PDKs in Keysight ADS
- 4+ years of experience in compound semiconductor HEMT modeling
- Hands-on experience with compound semiconductor device characterization (measurement setup and execution) such as static & pulsed I-V, C-V, CW & pulsed bias S-Parameter, load/source-pull, TOI, and noise measurements
- Hands-on experience with high-frequency (microwave/millimeter wave) and large-signal/high power test equipment such as Keysight or Anteverta NVNAs
- Experience using statistical data analysis tools such as MatLab, JMP or Excel
- Experience with scripting languages in a Linux environment
- Microwave, digital and/or analog circuit basics; previous exposure to power amplifier, low-noise amplifier, and related circuits
- Experience with the following:
- Semiconductor device physics concepts with emphasis on compound semiconductor HEMTs
- Basic network theory
- Lumped element equivalent-circuit models for high-frequency transistor devices
- Non-linear compact model parameter extraction and validation techniques
- Understanding of integrated circuit manufacturing processes and concepts
- Direct experience with the Verilog-A behavioral modeling language and its use for compact model development
- Direct experience with setup/development/use of Agilent IC-CAP, other commercial, and/or custom measurement and parameter extraction software
- Familiar with transistor models such as Angelov, EEHEMT, BSIM4, PSP, etc.
- Experience with a wide range of semiconductor device technologies including Compound Semiconductor HEMTs and HBTs, CMOS/RFCMOS and SiGe BiCMOS
- Experience with Perl/Python/etc. scripting languages
- Experience with project management including project planning, task break down, milestone scheduling, etc.
- Working knowledge of Keysight ADS
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- Background in III-V compound semiconductors
This position can be a Salary Grade Engineer G08 or G09 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related disciplineThis position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon. Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Applied Physics or other related engineering degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Electrical Engineering, Engineering, All, Integrated Defense Systems Massachusetts Opportunities Electrical Engineering
JBRaytheon Sr Device Modeling Engineer I/II JP2 ICJBMeta