Location: Andover Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret
Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED) has an opening for a Risk & Opportunity (R&O) Manager. The R&O Manager will support the IDS programs with both domestic and international customers. The R&O Manager will have overall program R&O responsibilities and work closely with the program manager on all R&O related issues. WLED is a systems engineering organization whose main objective is to influence hardware, software, and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability and economical ownership by the customer and end users.This position will be located in either Woburn, MA or Andover, MA.
Specific tasks responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and aligning R&O management effort with all Cross Business Teams (CBT) (e.g., Engineering, Operations, and Supply Chain), Integrated Product Teams (IPT), Finance and Program Management Processes.
- Performing program level analysis on all R&Os flowed up from Cross Product Teams (CPT) and IPTs.
- Identifying, assessing, tracking and coordinating program level R&Os.
- Facilitating R&O related workshops for the program.
- Facilitating and participate in R&O related lessons learned sessions for the program.
- Creating and analyzing program level metrics (e.g., Integrated Defense Systems R&O metrics, burndown plans, exposure charts, tracking sheets, margin analysis, top R&Os, step tracker (handling plan execution).
- Performing informal Risk and Opportunity assessment of Integrated Master Schedule/Plan (IMS/IMP).
- Ensuring that IMS adequately reflects R&O mitigation/capture plans.
- Supporting Cost and Schedule Risk Analysis; especially with respect to R&O identification.
- Working with program team to maintain the Estimate At Completion (EAC) with respect to R&O for desktop and comprehensive Estimate At Completion (ETC) reviews. Reviewing and reconciling EAC R&O status with register data.
- Participating in program meetings to identify potential R&Os.
- Minimum of 8 years of engineering experience including the following:
- Experience with Program or cross product experience
- Experience with various types of contracts (e.g., Cost Plus Fixed Fee, Firm Fixed Price, Cost Plus Incentive Fee)
- Experience with program risks and opportunities related to margin analysis on proposals and estimates to completion
- Experience with risk management tools, e.g. Risk Register, Active Risk Manager (ARM)
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Certified Level 2
- MS in Engineering
- Program Management Certification
- Advanced Six Sigma Certification (e.g., R6s Expert, Principal Specialist, Six Sigma Blackbelt or Master Blackbelt)
- Existing Secret Security Clearance or the ability to acquire a Secret Security Clearance.
- Capture Management Certification
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or applicable technical discipline. 8 years of experience applicable to this job description in Lieu of a BA/BS
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Mass., Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has locations in Washington, California, Utah, New Mexico, Virginia, Texas, Maryland, Rhode Island, Alabama, Australia, Germany, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas including air and missile defense systems, missile defense radars, early warning radars, naval ship operating systems, robotics and other advanced technologies. With a workforce of 14,000 employees and 2012 sales of $5 billion, IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Program Management, Systems Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering, All Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Program Management, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering
JBRaytheon Principal Multi-Dis Engr - Risk & Opportunity Manager JP2 ICJBMeta