Location: Goleta California
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
The RVS Systems Engineering organization is seeking a talented and experienced engineer to join our team. The Systems Engineer drives engineering design & execution with a multi-disciplined engineering team through development and integration of the product. The Systems Engineer defines & implements product/component requirements and complete integration & verification activities. The Systems Engineering Department is responsible for all Electro-Optic Imaging Systems definition, architecture, integration, Verification & Validation efforts.
Responsibilities typically include:
- Define product & component level requirements for Electro-Optic Imaging Systems to include infrared and visible camera cores, focal plane arrays, Read-Out Integrated Circuits, and integrated dewar assemblies.
- Characterize/Model EO performance and relate into Specifications & Models
- Radiometric Calibration & Analysis
- Test Equipment design and test data analysis
- Developing test systems to acquire performance data and complete verification activities
- Technical support to production activities
- Provide direction and oversee activities of other Systems Engineers
- Brief internal and external customers on technical status
- Minimum of 6 years professional engineering experience or 4 years and Master’s Degree.
- Experience with infrared and/or SiPIN focal plane assembly component technologies & performance.
- Experience in infrared and/or visible imaging systems, radiometric analysis, measurements, and testing
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Experience with requirements management via DOORs
- Experience with MATLAB, C++ or related languages
- Ability to make decisions, effectively lead tasks and meet challenging deadlines.
- Ability to build strong relationships and effectively partner with others.
- Strong communication abilities, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task in a rapid paced environment
- Experience with infrared imaging systems or infrared fabrication and test
- Experience with Electro-Optics Verification design and analysis
- Knowledgeable of electronics design engineering and worst case design analysis
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis techniques
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Administrator experience with requirements management via DOORs
- Experience with EVMS or other program management methodologies
- Experience with Risk/Opportunity Management techniques
- Ability to obtain a SSBI clearance.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, Physics or related technical disciplineDesired Education
: Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Systems Engineering, Space and Airborne Systems, Engineering, All Systems Engineering
JBRaytheon Senior Systems Engineer II - Electro-Optic Imaging Systems definition, Architecture, Integration, Verification & Validation JP2 ICJBMeta