Location: Andover Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
IT System Administrators – Linux, UNIX, Windows
Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS)
Boston Metro/Marlborough, MA/Portsmouth RI/
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our IT organization ensures that Raytheon teams across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats and protect the integrity of our systems. System Administrators collaborate to support fast-paced, critical programs with classified information system capabilities.
As an IT System Administrator supporting the Integrated Air & Missile Defense / Mission Systems and Sensors / Seapower Capability Systems Business Area, your program teams rely on you to provide guidance to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions to solve complex IT problems. Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, cost-efficient environments across various classified programs. Effective System Administrators collaborate and team effectively across functions, and take on opportunities to serve as project leads and/or mentors to share knowledge across the IT team.
Timing couldn’t be better to join Raytheon as a Systems Administrator with potential for domestic and international travel. Apply now to be considered for multiple opportunities at locations including:
Capped Relocation assistance is available to those selected applicants who qualify under company policy - amount to be discussed directly with those applicants at the proper time.An Active US DOD Secret Clearance is required for this role (or if you’ve had a Secret Clearance active within the past 24 months), except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible to receive Clearances from the US Government.Responsibilities:
- Andover, MA
- Woburn, MA
- Tewksbury, MA
- Marlborough, MA
- Portsmouth, RI
- Assure system reliability and performance through monitoring and infrastructure management
- Provide system administration and maintenance support on Linux, and/or UNIX-based environments in client/server, network and data storage capacities
- Respond to online service requests from users
- Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (NISPOM, RMF)
- Convert and upgrade to new systems
- Develop and maintain technical and operational documentation to continually improve our computing environments
- Engage in knowledge sharing to further develop the overall capability and performance of your technical team
- 4+ years of experience with Linux/RHEL operating systems, including Linux specific platforms or skills (i.e. windows XP, REHL)
- Active Directory and group policy management (LINUX ROLE)
- Data storage and data backup technologies
- Virtual computing technologies
- Thin client technologies
Required Education (including Major):
- Security+ certification
- Ability to collaborate effectively in diverse team settings
- Experience or interest in building AWS, Cloud and/or DevOps technical skills
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, including a 9/80 work schedule where you enjoy every other Friday off!, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Mathematics or a related field
- Significant applicable professional experience in the IT system administration field is accepted in lieu of a University Degree - At Hiring Manager discretion
- Thomas A. Kennedy, Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Information Technology, Information and Knowledge Systems, All Computer/Management Information Systems, Information and Knowledge Systems
JBRaytheon Linux Systems Administrators - Secret Clearance Required JP2 ICJBMeta