Location: Tewksbury Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret
Job Description: An opportunity exists within the Command & Control, Radar and Mobile Sensors Software department in Tewksbury, MA for a Software Engineer II/Sr Software Engineer I.
The Command & Control, Radar and Mobile Sensors Software department contributes to the success of Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) by providing NoDoubt™ software solutions throughout the product lifecycles of some of IDS’ most rapidly transportable world class radar, missile, command & control, and homeland defense systems. The department is a critical source of support for a variety of new technology initiatives and internal research and development (R&D) efforts. Some of the programs supported by the departments include – Qatar Adoc, NATO ACCS, 3DELRR, Zumwalt, DBR, NASAMS, and multiple IRAD.Candidate will be an integral part of the Software team as a development, integration and test engineer. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining, debugging and fixing problems with the SW application, as well as supporting integration efforts. The SW application is built on an IBM ClearCase environment, specifically using a Linux/UNIX (Redhat, HPUX and IBM) platform, utilizing mainly C++/JAVA programming languages. The candidate shall also be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems, with solutions that are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organization objectives, work under only general direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions. Ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance is requiredThe successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, debugging and fixing problems with the Radar software applications, as well as supporting software integration and verification efforts. Our radar software applications, including implementations of signal processing algorithms and time critical control functions, involved in direct control of sensor systems, are developed using C++ and Java programming languages running Linux or UNIX operating systems on a variety of computing platforms. This position will also include working closely with Software Architects and Principal Systems, Hardware, and Software engineers to interpret requirements and correctly implement these requirements in software. There are travel opportunities available to support the radar systems at various sites.
These position can be a salary grade G07 or G08 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.Required Skills:
- 4-6 years’ experience on all phases of Software Engineering including
- 4 years experience with C++
- 3 year Linux or UNIX experience
- Experience developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/SCRUM
- Broad real-time, multi-threaded software development experience
- Software development experience of a Signal Processing application
- Experience in developing and optimizing algorithms for performance
- Strong verbal communication
- Existing secret clearance, or ability to obtain an interim clearance within 30 days and full clearance thereafter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing and continuous integration
- Software development experience in a DoD environment
- Radar domain knowledge
- Strong problem solving ability
- Self-starter and ability to lead development, integration and test activities
- Familiarity with the following Software Tools: Rational Rhapsody, ClearCase and Team Concert, Jenkins, DOORS
- Strong Object-Oriented Design Knowledge including UML
- Direct experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms in C++ meeting latency and throughput performance requirements or experience in implementing complex control operations in software with defined performance timelines
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Systems Engineering, Engineering, All, Integrated Defense Systems Massachusetts Opportunities Systems Engineering
JBRaytheon Software Engineer II JP2 ICJBMeta