Location: Middletown Rhode Island
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a digital signal processing engineer with underwater acoustics experience to join our Physical Sciences & Systems business unit located just outside Newport, Rhode Island. We are looking for world class contributors to join our team solving problems that are both technically challenging and cutting-edge. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, algorithm development, embedded and real-time implementation and optimization, modeling and simulation, and performance testing. The ideal candidate is comfortable learning new technologies and thrives working in a multi-disciplinary capacity.
Raytheon BBN offers an exciting, fast paced, collaborative environment with the opportunity to contribute to cutting edge research. Career growth is encouraged through participation in leading research conferences, on-site training, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement. BBN offers benefits including a 401K matching plan, retirement contributions, and performance based bonuses.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Software engineering proficiency in C utilizing a Linux environment
• Working knowledge of MATLAB
• Real time embedded signal processing using vector libraries
• Optimizing libraries and algorithms
• Multi-rate signal processing, beam-forming, direction finding, and CFAR detection processing
• Experience with a formal design/code/test process.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Minimum of 4 years’ professional experience; more senior applicants will be considered
• A US DoD Secret clearance is required.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline and 4 years of direct experience; or MS in relevant field and 2 years of direct experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Test Engineering, Research & Development, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Sensor Systems, All Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Research & Development, Sensor Systems, Test Engineering
JBRaytheon DSP Engineer JP2 ICJBMeta