Location: Fullerton California
Security Clearance: Secret
Raytheon Company’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) Mechanical Engineering Directorate (MED) leads in mechanical hardware design, development and production of radar, sonar, torpedo and ground system equipment, materials science, and manufacturing engineering. The Mechanical Engineering Directorate uses state-of-the-art tools, processes, technology, and Raytheon Six Sigma principles to develop best in class products. MED’s capabilities encompass a broad range of technical disciplines which include engineering, manufacturing, technical services, materials, processes, analysis, configuration, test and documentationJob Description:This position involves providing mechanical engineering design and support to multi-disciplined integrated product teams to specify, design, and build hardware systems consisting of commercially available equipment as well as ruggedized military hardware for the Command and Control (C2) Systems product line, and the Battlefield Radar (BFR) product line. Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques are expected. You will be responsible to plan and organize small to medium multi-disciplined team efforts and ability to report program status and issues to upper management, the program office and customer as required. This task will involve translating customer requirements into a hardware design, researching the hardware components, and producing drawings/sketches (layout, block diagrams, drawing trees, assemblies, detail part models, etc) to be used for hardware system design and assembly products. Throughout this process, the task may involve troubleshooting problems which arise as a result of component availability, changing requirements, and other factors which often impact hardware architectures, and recommend corrective actions.
You will be expected to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. You also will be held to a high standard to complete tasks on time and within budget, with minimal supervisory oversight. You will participate in multi-disciplined integrated product teams working closely with Program Managers/Team Lead and Systems, Software, Mechanical, Electrical, Process, and Manufacturing Engineers. You will be responsible for providing support labor and services required to accomplish the following activities in support of the various product lines supported by the Mechanical Engineering Section:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.This position can be a salary grade level of G08 or G9 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibilities required for the positionRequired Skills:
- Development and creation of a Technical Data Package (TDP) for new developments.
- Update and maintain a TDP in response to design issues, component availability, and production issues.
- Assist a multi-functional team with resolution of technical issues.
- Provide production assistance to product line.
- Provide technical guidance and support to suppliers
- Support product builds and deployment.
- 6+ years of experience in engineering design, drawing, and manufacturing
- Proficiency with Computer Aided Design (CAD) tool – CREO
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- Proficiency with MS Office Tool Suite (Excel, Powerpoint, and Word).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to research commercially available hardware to assess/specify their applicability to product design and architecture.
Required Education (including Major):
- An existing Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with C2 or BFR products development, production, and deployment
- Ability to travel in support of product deployments (including customer sites in Europe and Middle East)
- Ability to perform Cost Account Management (CAM) activities on various programs.
- Proficiency with additional Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools –SolidWorks, AutoCAD
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities on multiple tasks and also work in a team environment
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineeringor other related engineering degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Hardware Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, All Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
JBRaytheon Sr Mechanical Engineer I ( Command and Control Systems) JP2 ICJBMeta