Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) has an immediate opportunity for a Systems Engineer working with GPS and navigation to support all ranges of product development, including system architecture, system design and development, system integration and test, and production. Candidate should have experience leading small teams.
** US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED as selected candidate will need a security clearance day one of employment***Required Skills:
- Possess 6+ years of experience in a related engineering environment,
- Have good experience and expertise in systems architecting and system-of-systems definition.
- Ability to analyze high level needs and systems concepts and represent them in engineering architectural models
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to clearly and effectively present technical approaches and findings.
- Must be able to work effectively and cooperatively with people within and external to the program.
- US Citizenship
- DoD secret clearance
- Ability to access US only data
- Experience with GPS within weapons systems (e.g. Tomahawk, Small Diameter Bomb, etc) is desirable.
- Experience in GPS and/or inertials is highly desired.
- Experience of GPS/navigation system test methodology, requirements, and methods
: B. S. in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or other related field; M. S. desiredDesired Education:
M.S. in Engineering or M.B.A
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons 117345
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Systems Engineering, Engineering, All Systems Engineering
JBRaytheon Sr. GPS Systems Engineer II JP2 ICJBMeta