Location: Huntsville Alabama
Security Clearance: Secret
Job Description:The Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED) is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user.
WLED seeks a Technical Writer who will develop, update, maintenance and operations technical manuals based out of Huntsville, Al.
Responsibilities will include the development of Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs) using the Eagle Publishing System (EPS), including but not limited to the following subject matter: system functional theory, operations, preventative and corrective maintenance, schematics, and illustrated parts breakdowns from compiled engineering technical reports, drawings, and parts lists.
This individual will also participate in IETM validation, customer conferences to ensure manuals conformed to contract requirements, and scheduled peer reviews.
In addition, he/she will assist in the development and updating of illustrations, graphics and flow diagrams to support documentation; support contract deliverable documentation; and coordinate with Subject Matter Experts to identify and provide technical manual documents to support Organizational tasks.Required Skills:
- 18+ months of demonstrated professional experience developing written content and/or delivering instruction
- Experience reading electrical schematics and engineering drawings
- Experience with the development of documentation
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience with Enhanced Automated Graphical Logistics Environment (EAGLE) and/or Eagle Publishing System (EPS)
- Experience with Adobe FrameMaker and/or Illustrator
- Experience with the development of training documentation
- Experience with the development of technical documentation
- Experience in writing to military specifications
- Experience with XML and/or S-1000D authoring
- XML Schema Development.
- Experience with PTC Arbortext.
- Experience with RADAR and related technologies.
- Experience with Adobe Create Suite, Iso-draw, or CAD
- Prior military service is a plus
- Able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Engineering or STEM, or a major related to this job description. 8+ years of applicable professional experience may be considered in lieu of a BS/BA
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Integration and Test Engineering, Engineering Technology, Publications and Graphic Arts, Systems Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Reliability Engineer, Mathematics, Information and Knowledge Systems, Technical, Computer Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Configuration Management, Logistics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, All Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems, Configuration Management, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Hardware Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Integration & Test Engineering, Logistics Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Publications & Graphic Arts, Reliability Engineer, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Technical
JBRaytheon Eng Logistics Specialist I JP2 ICJBMeta