Location: Cambridge Massachusetts
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) Intelligent Software and Systems department is seeking software engineers to join a team of highly trained and experienced scientists and engineers conducting research and development diverse areas including artificial intelligence, modeling and simulation, 2D and 3D computer vision, and intelligent human-machine interfaces. A successful candidate will have an interest and skillset overlapping and extending the capabilities of the team, and will contribute to research activities by designing and coding working prototypes for evaluation in an agile development cycle.
Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) is the research company behind many revolutionary advances that we take for granted today. BBN is where email was invented and the first routers were implemented. Today, BBN's scientists and engineers are working to advance the state-of-the-art on topics ranging from machine language translation to quantum cryptography. BBN offers the opportunity to perform exciting and revolutionary research that solves important problems in an exciting, collaborative environment with knowledgeable co-workers, excellent performance-based bonus incentives, and generous retirement contributions.
Required Skills & Education:
• M.S. in Computer Science or related technical field or Bachelors in Computer Science and 3+ years of direct experience.
• Experience with machine learning frameworks and analytic tools such as Tensorflow, Torch, PyTorch, or Caffe
• Experience with image processing libraries such as OpenCV and PCL
• Excellent programming skills in a language such as C++, Java, or Python and a willingness to learn other programming languages as necessary
• Experience with software development for multi-threaded applications
• Experience with collaborative software development tools (e.g., Git, Jira, Trac, GitLab)
• Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
• Self motivated, independent, inquisitive, and committed to quality
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Cross-platform development experience (Windows and Linux)
• Experience with autonomous vehicles (UAVs and UGVs) and related libraries like ROS
• Experience with lidar, point clouds, or photogrammetry techniques
• Experience with cloud computing and virtualization technologies
The candidate should be willing and able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance. 117809
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Electrical Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, All Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Software Engineering
JBRaytheon Intelligent System Software Engineer - New BS Grad JP2 ICJBMeta