Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Raytheon Applied Signal Technology is a diversified intelligence and defense company that develops systems to provide integrated sensor and signal processing products in support of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance. Our Engineering team in the Salt Lake City, Utah office has a need for a senior-level FPGA engineer to design, build, and maintain advanced high-capacity systems that process modern high-speed communications for the US intelligence community. As a FPGA technical contributor, the candidate will work with other FPGA engineers, as well as system and embedded software engineers, to provide cutting-edge products and services for the protection of our country.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a solid understanding of FPGA development processes and FPGA digital design practices
- Have some background knowledge in signal processing and/or network communications
- Have experience with implementation of signal processing and/or communications algorithms in FPGA environments
- Be capable of translating functional requirements into efficient working designs.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, in multidisciplinary team environments.
- Utilize technical expertise to provide imaginative, thorough, practicable, and organizationally aligned solutions to a wide range of difficult FPGA developmental challenges.
- Be comfortable with the application of technical theories and concepts in developmental environments and have some level of general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Minimum of 4 years of FPGA related development experience
- Strong comprehension of FPGA development environments and FPGA development tool flows
- Strong working knowledge of VHDL, Verilog, and/or SystemVerilog HDL languages
- Proven ability to design, implement, and document FPGA designs from component level specifications
- Proven ability to define and perform FPGA component level integration and test plans
- Proven ability to resolve FPGA integration and test issues in hands-on lab environments
- Experience providing reliable FPGA cost/schedule estimates for developmental activities
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in team environments
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- Background in digital signal processing and/or network processing FPGA applications
- Working knowledge of Matlab and Python
- Familiarity with circuit card design, implementation, integration, and test
- Active TS clearance within the last 2 years
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, and a minimum of 4 years prior relevant experience.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Electrical Engineering, Engineering, All Electrical Engineering
JBRaytheon Senior FPGA Engineer JP2 ICJBMeta