This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
We are seeking a Senior Subcontracts Representative to work under the direction of the Sr. Contracts Manager. The Senior Subcontracts Representative will prepare Requests for Proposals (RFPs), analyze and evaluate proposals, perform price/cost analysis, negotiate subcontract pricing & terms and conditions, perform supplier assessments and source selection, prepare/issue awards, and administer resulting subcontracts for both Domestic and International Suppliers. Raytheon BBN prefers a strong background in the award and management of subcontracts for research and development activities with domestic & international suppliers. The Senior Subcontracts Representative will negotiate and issue subcontract modifications and terminations, insure compliance with Public Law (FAR/DFAR), and Raytheon policies and procedures. The candidate must possess the ability to simultaneously manage multiple subcontracts and priorities.
Job Accountabilities include:
• Form and maintain strong business relationships with first tier subcontractors
• Develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovation
• Perform risk analysis, identify risks, opportunities, potential impacts, and mitigation plans
• Working knowledge of change management systems and techniques
• Focus on program goals to ensure that solutions are consistent with organization objectives
• Subcontract Management.
• Participate in source selection process at proposal and execution phases. Working with supplier, planning and proposal support processes
• Strong capability to assist in the development of Statements of Work for utilization in subcontracts
• Analyze and extract requirements from solicitations and Raytheon’s prime contracts.
• Manage subcontractor performance and resolve problems with program managers and subcontractors to establish relationships to support BBN’s contracts and operations.
This is a hands-on position for a well-organized self-starter who can work independently but is also a strong team player. The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organization. Prioritizing and coordinating efforts within the department will be required on a daily basis. A firm grasp of the Subcontracts function will be required in order to provide sound guidance to the technical staff and junior department personnel.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of relevant experience; or MBA with 4 years.
• Well-organized self-starter
• Work independently
• Strong team player
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to obtain a US Governments security clearance is required. A willingness to apply is required.
• Able to interact effectively across all levels of the organization
• Prioritizing and coordinating efforts within the department
• Firm grasp of the Subcontracts function Law
• Knowledge of FAR/DFAR regulations
• Provide sound guidance to the technical staff and junior department personnel
• Active security clearance is highly desirable
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.