Location: Dallas Texas
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Exciting leadership opportunity in Raytheon Space and Airborne System’s (SAS) as a Sr. Windows Systems Administrator based in North Texas (Dallas), having significant impact, recognition, and growth in the organization.
The Sr. Windows Systems Administrator will work in a production testing environment on behalf of the Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) Antenna and Microwave Products (AMP) department. The HWEC AMP department is responsible for full-scope Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) solutions for antenna products, including architecture trades, design, development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of both module and integrated system verification solutions.
The Sr. Windows Systems Administrator will implement infrastructure best practices in planning, development, and execution of scope, schedule, and budget. The Sr. Windows Systems Administrator will employ excellent communication skills, while directly supporting the Software and Infrastructure Section Manager and Team Lead in the execution of the HWEC AMP goals.
The Sr. Windows Systems Administrator will also assist in the deployment of networks in an Engineering and Production environment. This will include hardware, computer, and DUT interfacing. Active directory manipulation, with the deployment of Security controls. The successful candidate will have Windows and Linux Domain knowledge and experience.Required Skills:
- Minimum 4 years experience and Knowledge and experience in system administration on UNIX/Linux and MS Windows Operating Systems, including configuration and system security.
- Extensive experience with Windows 7/10 and Windows Server 2008/2012
- A working knowledge of Windows NT/2000/XP, Windows Server 2000/2003, RHEL5/6/7, and Solaris 2.8/9.
- Understanding of VM ESXi and Hyper-V virtual environments, and Microsoft Security Solutions or Symantec AntiVirus, ClamAV
- Must be able to work in the root environment and have the ability to control Windows domain settings through Group Policy Objects in Active Directory.
- Knowledge of networking, network administration, and network security.
- Required Education (including Major): Minimum degree: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology degree, or similar degree
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access US only data systems.
- C, C#, or Scripting – Perl or Bash
- Working in a production environment
- Databases : Oracle
- Applications: CVS, SAMBA, Apache
- System and Network Patching
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and conscientious.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires an ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Must be able to multi-task, and manage schedules and priorities.
- Position requires ability to interface with persons of multiple disciplines and job functions, including computer engineers, electrical engineers, program managers, technicians, and information security team members.
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities on multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Highly motivated self-starter
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Test Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Technology, General Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Technical, Hardware Engineering, All, Engineering Computer/Management Information Systems, General Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Systems Engineering, Technical, Test Engineering
JBRaytheon Sr. Windows Systems Administrator JP2 ICJBMeta