Location: Goleta California
Security Clearance: SSBI - Current
Raytheon is seeking a Senior Information Systems Security Officer (Sr. ISSO) to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. This position supports multiple programs administering the Information Assurance (IA) Cyber duties for government customers. Components of the IA program include Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities (E.g., documentation preparation, system configuration/validation, certification testing), security sustainment activities (E.g., hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers), conducting self-inspections, audit trail review, and delivering information systems security education and awareness. The candidate must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing their time in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal levels of supervision. Additionally, the candidate will possess effective written, speaking, analytical, project management, organizational, and customer service skills that will assist them in identifying solutions to complex compliance and security problems. Candidate will coordinate duties with the Systems Administrator and/or Information Technology (IT) staff to ensure all configuration requirements are implemented and functional. Candidate will conduct technical and nontechnical reviews and audits as prescribed by the Information Systems Security Manager.Required Skills:
- US Citizen
- This position requires applicants to have a final Top Secret security clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) performed within the last five years.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain DoD 8570 certification IAM Level II (one of the following - CAP, CISSP or Associate, CASP, CISM, GSLC) within 6 months of employment.
- Experience with national security information system related security requirements (e.g. ICD 503, JSIG, DoD RMF, DIACAP or NISPOM) to include technical computer/network system auditing.
- Experience implementing government security requirements to include technical computer/network system auditing.
- Experience developing System Security Plans (SSPs) and all supporting certification and accreditation documentation.
- Experience with ACAS, HBSS, and DISA STIGs
- Experience using SPLUNK as an audit collection and reduction tool.
- Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal levels of supervision.
- Familiar with the security features and/or vulnerability of various operating systems.
- Very strong writing, speaking, analytical, and customer service skills.
Minimum Required Education (including Major):
- TS/SSBI SCI/w CI Polygraph - Current
- Experience as an ISSO or ISSM in a TS/SCI environment
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) - maintained and current
- Prior ISSO/Information Assurance Officer (IAO) or alternate ISSO/IAO experience or System Administration experience
- Strong working knowledge with NIST Special Publications and the NIST Risk Managed Framework (RMF) using Telos Xacta and/or RSA Archer.
- Trained and proficient in Assured File Transfer (AFT) processes and tools.
- Knowledge of computer forensics tools and investigative methodologies.
- Knowledge in Linux, Solaris, and SUSE operating systems
- Experience with various information system security assessment/hardening tools - DISA STIGs, SCAP, ACAS, HBSS, Retina, Nessus, etc.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 6 years of directly related experience, or Master’s degree with 4 years of directly related experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Information Technology, Information and Knowledge Systems, Space and Airborne Systems, Security, All Computer/Management Information Systems, Information and Knowledge Systems, Security
JBRaytheon Sr Cyber Technologist II JP2 ICJBMeta