Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
We are seeking an experienced Principle electrical engineer specializing in RF/Microwave and Analog circuit design and Testing. The candidate must be comfortable working with commercial off-the-shelf and custom hardware designs to achieve hardware requirements. Responsibilities will require working within a team of engineers to test and develop proven designs based on modeling, simulation, and verification. Tasks will span the full product development cycle and will include specification development, trade studies, modeling and simulation, documentation, hardware production, hardware integration, and test and validation. This opportunity is for a versatile RF/Microwave and Analog Circuit engineer possessing a blend of theoretical analysis, practical application, and hands-on integration abilities. Able to troubleshooting RF/Microwave and Analog hardware and process issues down to CCA and component levels. Communication with vendors and sub-contractor management will also be required. Ability to independently solve problems as well as work with the subsystem team. Additional responsibilities will include providing technical, schedule, and cost inputs to management. Travel is required
- 8 + years minimum experience in RF/Microwave and Analog circuit design, integration, and test
- Provide technical leadership in advanced radar systems development engineering.
- Experience integrating hardware and software for RF/Microwave and Analog circuit hardware applications
- Experience with government programs.
- RF/Microwave and Analog and test experience
- Troubleshooting hardware and process issues down to CCA and component levels
- Experience in RF Subsystems and a working understanding of architecture, design, and integration processes
- Understand system issues associated with RF design such as noise figure, IP3, etc
- Expert proficiency with common RF test equipment such as Network & Spectrum Analyzers, Signal & Pulse Generators, and Oscilloscopes
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to function effectively as part of a larger team
- Experienced at leading hardware integration and validation efforts necessary for efficient sell-off of advanced RADAR systems
- Experience in a production environment
- Able to Lead an Engineering Team
- Able to present technical results to Program Leadership
- Travel is required
- Existing Secret clearance or ability to obtain a secret clearance with interim clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- 10 + years minimum experience in RF/Microwave and Analog circuit design, integration, and test.
- RF/Microwave and Analog circuit design skills including modeling and simulation tools such as HFSS, ADS, CST, etc.
- Experience in Root-Cause Corrective Action investigations
- Experience in resolving production issues with suppliers and sub-tier suppliers
- Experience working in a DoD environment
Required Education: B.S. in Electrical Engineering
Preferred Education: M.S. in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in RF/Microwave and Analog Circuits
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Electrical Engineering, All, Engineering Electrical Engineering
JBRaytheon Principal RF Electrical Engineer JP2 ICJBMeta