Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the provider of the advanced electrical scanned radar (APG-79 AESA) sensor system for the U.S. Navy’s F/A-18 Aircraft and Air Force’s F/A-15 Aircraft. This AESA Systems provides the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The SEIT RF Systems Department supports the development of new capabilities and this key contributor will interface with the Chief Engineer and Program Office/Program Manager on the APG-79/82 systems during the Definition, Development, Integration and Test, and Product Sell Off phases.
The Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) organization is seeking engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective Verification and Validation solutions.
The activities and requirements in this job include:
*** US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED as selected candidate will need a US security clearance day one of employment***Required Skills:
- Provide technical leadership in advanced radar systems development engineering.
- Work closely with engineering functional and technical management to ensure on time deliveries
- EVMS certified required and needs to be able to present financial status.
- Experience with government programs.
- Experience with lab processes and hardware testing.
- Experienced at leading hardware, and software integration and system verification efforts necessary for the efficient sell-off of advanced radar systems.
- This role will be the primary technical point of contact for the engineering issues related to the cost and schedule performance on a development effort. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to ensure that issues are addressed immediately and corrective actions are implemented expeditiously.
- Performs system testing, test reporting, updating of test procedures and generation of sell-off reports and earned value reporting. Knowledgeable in systems engineering and IV&V engineering principles. Ability to work in a high paced, high demand laboratory factory shift environment. The candidate will need to understand the verification of system as well as software requirements.
- Must have existing DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance and/or a SSBI/Special Access Required (SAP/SAR) clearance
- Minimum of 10 years work related experience
- Experience with AESA Radar systems and relevant experience with AESA Radar system integration, test, verification and validation; familiarity with RF Search/Track systems, EO/IR Search/Track systems, or EW systems beneficial.
- Experience executing integration and test procedures on radar systems
- Experience supporting testing of AESA Radars in the lab
- Experience investigating software stability issues, flight test problem reports, and developing solutions to the problems
- Experience parsing, reducing, transferring radar flight test and integration data in a classified environment
- Proven technical competence in a complex system development environment
- Very strong organization, coordination, planning and teaming skills
- US Citizenship
- Ability to access US Only Data
- Work in a development environment involving Hardware/Software and familiar with radar testing.
- The position requires a solid understanding of test methodologies, and troubleshooting.
Required Education: BS Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline.
Desired Education: MS Degree in Engineering Math or Science or related Technical degree.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Systems Engineering, Space and Airborne Systems, All, Engineering Systems Engineering
JBRaytheon Sr Principal Systems Engr JP2 ICJBMeta