Requisition ID 2018-36347
Job Location USA-MD-Bethesda
Job Function Science and Engineering
Security Clearance Level None
Full/Part Time Full Time
This position is in support of the Department of Research Programs (DRP) at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC), with the mission to provide world-class support for research and development, protocol review, and project oversight for military and civilian staff. The Biostatistician assists in the development of proposals to ensure scientific merit and statistical validity. The Biostatistician shall:
- Ensure the scientific merit and statistical validity of research protocols.
- Review protocols and grant applications to optimize study design, enhance competitiveness of submissions, and ensure validity of research results.
- Provide statistical consultations to researchers.
- Foster growth and expertise to improve the quality of research design the integrity of data collection, and the accuracy of the results in presentations and publications.
- Support up to date institutional policies for research review and approval, research execution, and publications clearance to comply with local, federal and DoD regulations.
- Solve technical problems arising within the mission scope, analyze data from audits and protocols; prepare reports; communicate results with suggested corrective actions to the research team; communicate findings to research review boards, department heads, and regulatory offices.
- Recommend statistical methods based on a wide variety of possible approaches; research compliance issues; originate approaches, methods, and procedures to plan and carry out assignments, contribute to SOPs guiding investigators and review boards.
- Bachelors Degree in a scientific discipline
- Masters Degree strongly preferred
- 5-8 years of related experience in scientific research and analysis.