San Diego California
Security Clearance: Secret
The Shipboard Installation and Trials Coordination (SITC) Engineer will work with the Zumwalt Program's Waterfront Activation and Test Team, and will be responsible for supporting the installation, and maintenance of Raytheon work package equipment aboard DDG-1000 Class Destroyers. In support of Raytheon work packages, the SITC Engineer will assemble the work package drawings and technical documentation, drive procurement, shipping, storage and kitting of materials, write Statements of Work for installation subcontractors, coordinate shipboard and pier-side facilities, and will supervise shipboard installation by subcontractors and Raytheon personnel. The SITC Engineer well ensure work is performed properly, negotiate conflicting pier side and shipboard priorities, coordinate access to spaces, equipment tag-outs, work authorization forms and completion sign-offs. The SITC Engineer will function as the day-to-day interface with subcontractors, the BAE shipyard, Navy Ship’s Force, and other Raytheon personnel supporting installations.The SITC Engineer will be responsible for Raytheon related Shipboard Installation Inspections/Tests to ensure that each installation has been accomplished in accordance with established plans and specifications.For the "Test and Trials" phase the SITC Engineer will support demonstration that the ship is materially complete and can be presented to the Navy Board of Inspection and Survey (INSURV) for Acceptance Trials (AT) or Combined Trials (CT). The SITC Engineer will confirm Raytheon installations in support of Trials testing are complete and inspected, to include pre-sea trial requirements, such as dock trials, fast cruise, pre-trial audit, and combat system trial rehearsal, The SITC Engineer supports the Navy Trial Supervisor, Navy Ship’s Force, the Maintenance Center, SUPSHIP and Raytheon personnel, during the Trial planning and conduct. The SITC Engineer will serve as the focal point for collection and processing Raytheon related trouble reports in any form, i.e. trial cards, “two-Kilo” maintenance reports, Test Problem Reports (TPR), etc., during Trial periods. This position requires the ability to perform normal climbing and lifting associated with shipboard electronic workThis position is for Salary Grade G10.Required Skills:
- Eight+ (8+) years of experience with shipboard installation planning, material procurement, and deck plate execution, inspection and test.
- Experience with NAVSEA SHIPMAIN and Regional Maintenance Center’s REMCO Processes, WAF (Work Authorization Form) and other availability installation paperwork
- Experience supervising crews of Raytheon and/or subcontractor personnel performing shipboard installations
- Experience supporting Builder’s Trials, Acceptance Trials, CSSQT (Combat System Ship Qualification Trial), INSURV
- Active Secret clearance or ability to obtain interim within 30 days from date of hire
- Experience with U.S. Navy Shipboard Industrial Stage Testing as well as Ship/Crew certification processes and procedures
- Experience with shipyard processes, planning, waterfront operations and/or ship activation
- Experience with DDG-1000 class Mission System Equipment requirements and concept of operation or equivalent complex US Naval combat systems
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, engineering discipline or 8+ years of relevant field experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. (Two years related work experience can substitute for one year of education)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Hardware Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Engineering, All, Program Planning/Scheduling Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Hardware Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Program Planning/Scheduling, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering
JBRaytheon Principal Systems Engineer JP2