Security Clearance: NAC
Raytheon is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our EED-2 (EOSDIS Evolution and Development) team, which supports NASA in its mission to provide scientists and other users access to data from NASA’s Earth science missions. As a member of the EED-2 team, DevOps Engineers support innovative tools allowing scientists and students alike to discover, transform, update and improve the quality of earth science data in the pursuit of solving a wide range of environmental and socio-economic issues. Specifically, this opening is for a DevOps Engineer on EED-2’s Common Metadata Repository (CMR) team. The CMR is an AWS hosted scalable repository for ~400M earth science metadata records from around the world. It receives approximately 3M queries per week and is envied for its speed and reliability. The CMR team is an established and high performing agile team working in the Scaled Agile Framework methodology.
- Ensuring availability of the production system during normal business hours
- Deploying and validating production releases
- Supporting developers with the automation of tasks and development of scripts
- Working alongside the Product Owner to track, report and analyze operational metrics
- Communication with end-users and responding to end-user requests
- 5+ years of experience performing operational support duties for a large complex system including support and operations of AWS-based applications.
- Proven ability to quickly triage operational outages and restore system functionality.
- Ability to determine potential impacts of a problem or of a new feature to the production environment and customer mission.
- Ability to clearly articulate system status or issues to management and to end users.
- 1+ years of experience working with development teams in an Agile methodology (preferably SCRUM or SAFe).
- Experience with DevOps, especially automated testing and continuous integration.
- Proven ability to prioritize, and execute multiple concurrent project activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Linux and MacOS.
- Experience with a scripting language.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Java or Clojure.
- Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA for bug tracking, Confluence for collaboration, and preferably Bamboo for continuous integration and delivery).
6 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Systems Engineering..
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Atmospheric/Space Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Engineering, All, Warfighter Support Services Atmospheric/Space Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems
JBRaytheon DevOps Engineer JP2