Security Clearance: Secret
Are you curious by nature and always seeking the “why” of something?
Do you yearn for working on the most cutting edge technologies?
Do you enjoy working directly with and providing technical briefs to managers and customers?
If you’ve responded with an enthusiastic “yes”, Raytheon Missile Systems may have an ideal job for you? Our Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Center (MSA) headquarters in sunny Tucson, AZ, needs strong Simulation Developer and Analysts, who are ready to support Raytheon’s ongoing mission to support our war fighters and allies.
Within the Systems Design & Performance (SD&P) directorate, MSA has the responsibility to provide, develop, and maintain performance and Operations Research simulations for all Raytheon Missiles Systems (RMS) products, support new business initiatives and development and execution of technology roadmaps.
The Operations Research Simulation Developer and Analyst conducts or participates in multi-disciplinary research across integrated product teams consisting of GNC, Signal Processing and Performance Analysis personnel in the design, development, and utilization of high fidelity digital simulation software in advanced technical computing environments and performs system modeling and analysis activities for the purposes of supporting new business, missile system design, performance assessment and flight test support according to the program schedule.
The individual will participate in the development and implementation of model-based solutions to support mission trade studies and performance simulations and to ensure they meet defined requirements and functions. He/she will be expected to analyze and positively affect simulation execution performance. He/she will require knowledge of performance engineering as a discipline, its practices and procedures, in order to perform non-repetitive effective analytical work across a wide range of challenging computational problems.
The Operations Research Simulation Developer and Analyst is expected to work in a team environment, receiving inputs from his/her lead and providing guidance and/or direction to other team members. Individual will be expected to work on diverse projects and independently determine and develop approaches and solutions; in addition providing development support throughout product lifecycle, from initial concept to fielded product.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Six (6) years of experience with software development processes and object oriented design using C/C++ in either Unix or Linux computing environments
- In addition to development, must have past academic or work experience with Debugging/Analysis methodologies in optimizing application performance
- Six (6) years of experience with scripting languages such as Shell, Perl or Python
- Six (6) years of experience with numerical computing environments such as MATLAB
- Applied and/or academic experience for a total of six (6) years of design and digital system modeling and simulation experience to include knowledge of physics, random variables and their application to modeling and analysis
- An Applied Mathematics background or coursework (not seeking theoretical mathematicians)
- Applied and/or academic familiarity and knowledge of system engineering and analysis
- Prior work experience interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines
- Software requirements development
- Software design, integration, and test
- Frequent communication and interaction with government counterpart
- Familiarity with distributed simulation protocols such as DIS, HLA or TENA
- Working knowledge of STL and Boost Libraries
- Application of software build systems
- Good written and oral communication abilities
- Good analysis and problem solving abilities
- Needs to work well in teams and have the ability to multi-task
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Math
- Masters’ degree in Computer Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or Math preferred
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Candidates must be able to obtain a minimum of an Interim Secret security clearance prior to starting work
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance to continue work
- Current Top Secret Department of Defense clearance preferred
Check us out on YouTube:
CNBC Video Missile Defense Demand Increasing
Bloomberg News From Defense to Cyber--Raytheon's business strategy
Raytheon Top Ten for Organizations for Multicultural Business Opportunities
Global Presence Raytheon's Global Partnerships
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Intelligence Analyst, Mathematics, Systems Engineering, Engineering, All Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Intelligence Analyst, Mathematics, Systems Engineering
JBRaytheon Operations Research Simulation Engineer JP2