White Sands NM US
Security Clearance: Secret
Leidos is looking for a Network Security Engineer who will be responsible for analyzing site networking architecture and determining security implementation plans utilizing best industry practices. Leidos is part of Space Communications Network Services (SCNS) team that is responsible for the operation, maintenance, sustainment, and systems engineering of NASA's worldwide satellite communication networks. The position is located at the NASA White Sands Complex in Las Cruces, NM.Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Duties and Responsibilities:
Typical Education and Qualifications:
- From a security perspective, identify areas of improvement within in the current networking architecture, propose best practice solutions.
- Perform scans and audits of networking infrastructure and propose implementation solutions for remediation of scan findings.
- Assist local IT security team in building system security plan (SSP) data entries for networking equipment.
- Prepare and present remediation documentation, including: MS Word documents, MS PowerPoint slides, MS Excel files, and any other documentation as requested by the government.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge in field of intermediate to advanced network administrator concepts including (but not limited to): DNS and ARP resolution, IP addressing and subnetting, IP fundamentals, firewall maintenance, switch and router management, as well as OSI model encapsulation.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of best cyber and IT security practices in relation to network management.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects, while meeting infrastructure development deadlines.
- Perform any other job function as outlined by management.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, physics, mathematics, or other related science, and a minimum of 3 years related professional experience.
- 2 years' experience working with network administration principles including IP fundamentals, layer 2, layer 3, and firewall application maintenance.
- 2 years' experience with Linux OS terminal command line.
- 2 years' experience with Cisco IOS and/or Juniper Junos configuration and maintenance.
- 2 years' experience working with cyber (IT) security concepts.
- Completed Security + certification.
- Experience with VMWare virtualization software suite.
- Experience, or ability to learn in a large scale, dynamic environment requiring immediate problem response.
- Experience in root cause analysis.
- Familiarity with Cisco Nexus, Cisco Analyst, Cisco ASA, and Juniper Junos SRX networking platforms.
- Familiarity with MS Windows and Linux administration via PowerShell and command line.
- Experience in performing credentialed scans utilizing Tenable Nessus Pro Suite.
JBLeidos Network Security Engineer JP2 ICJBMeta