Security Clearance: Secret
We are seeking an exceptional candidate to perform the role of Infrastructure Consultant
within our Civil, Defence & Health Sector. This permanent position is based at our office in either Edinburgh or Glasgow.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Consult with customers to design, develop and enhance infrastructure and cloud solutions in order to create efficient and robust business systems
- Provide expert infrastructure advice and consultancy services to customers to ensure compliance with best practices and use of technology
- Respond to user/customer requests for changes to systems and infrastructure to meet business needs, following ITIL change principles or equivalent methodology
- Provide support to operational infrastructure team to enable efficient operation and problem resolution of customer IT infrastructure
- Create, maintain, and enhance systems procedures and produce consistent high-quality documentation to ensure the customer site and systems are fully documented
- Technically lead delivery of infrastructure and cloud solutions to ensure successful delivery of industry leading solutions
- Drive adoption of key engineering best practices, supporting team members to improve quality, efficiency and reliability of deliverables
- Assist with the creation of infrastructure project proposals and bid materials for presentation to customers to guarantee best practice and ensure profitable delivery
- Coach and develop less experienced colleagues
Skills and Experience Required:
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing significant IT design and implementation experience
- Ability to operate in highly complex environments, preferably with managed service experience
- Expert level infrastructure systems experience, including server, enterprise storage, layer 2 and 3 network and applications
- Thorough understanding of hyperscale cloud platforms (Azure, AWS) technologies with real-world experience in design and implementation
- VoIP and Unified Communications an advantage
- Knowledge of technical and information security principles is essential
- Project management experience an advantage
- Strong communication and report writing skills
- Strong business/industry awareness
- Ability to adapt effectively to changing circumstances
- Have proficiency in appropriate business language and the ability to present ideas effectively
- Understand change management and demonstrate knowledge of business analysis
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance through flexible working.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button below.
At Leidos, we believe that a focus on diversity and inclusion improves team performance, influences innovative business strategies and drives positive results by advancing our workforce, cultivating an inclusive workplace and advancing our reputation in the marketplace. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in the way we engage our people, our customers and our external partnerships through our innovative programs, sponsorships and engagement.
JBLeidos Infrastructure Consultant JP2 ICJBMeta