Baltimore MD US
Security Clearance: Public Trust
Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate for the Test Engineering Lead role will have experience in analyzing system requirements or feature/user story acceptance criteria, as well as concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results. Provides specialized Test and Evaluation capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance areas. Develops, manages and executes automated test scripts in an agile environment.You will be required to coordinate closely with senior leadership to interpret and effectively communicate program needs, provide enterprise test engineering expertise and be the primary POC, tap appropriate test engineer when required, establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team. You will interact daily and lead the test engineer team which are fulfilling testing requirements for the customer.
Under the direction of the Product Manager, Program Manage and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
• Manage and create work assignments and prioritize tasks and milestones for a team of six test engineers to test systems and applications for the CMS production environment.
• Allocate work assignments and priorities for the members of the team as well as work hands-on to test new system and solutions in the testing environment, assist in troubleshoot any issues during testing integration and will stay actively involved also during the
production phase as new features and versions are released.
• Take active role in defining and executing Test Plans by writing test objects and detailed test plan descriptions. As well as leading and hands-on execution of the test cases in a lab environment while documenting all activity and results.
• Support escalations and issues diagnosis.
• Plan and perform test assignments involving definition of test and verification requirements, feature and user story acceptance criteria, plans and sequences relative to complex software and hardware subsystems and resolve identified conflicting issues.
• Support a test program which includes establishing test methods and techniques, developing test plans, developing test requirements, writing test procedures and reports, and conducting tests, including equivalent documentation for agile projects.
• Coordinate and prioritize 508 Compliance testing activities and the work with multiple development teams and software projects.
• Interpret the Government Section 508 Accessibility requirements, WCAG 2.0 requirements and develop test procedures and accessibility testing concepts.
• Participate in test readiness reviews, participate in design reviews, and conduct audits of test programs and facilities.
• Implement Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the program's agile framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
• Utilize knowledge of precedents in test engineering and apply understanding of principles of related engineering and software technology to ensure test validity and integrity.
• Develop, manage and execution of automated test scripts, and analyze test results in a DevOps environment.
• Conduct tests, which include collaborating with others in establishing language, database, and computer simulation requirements and configuration management techniques.
• Develop and maintain test documentation including plans, procedures, reports, etc.
• Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what can be done.
• Perform real-time system monitoring, verifying the integrity of all hardware, applications, systems and key processes.
• Served as on-call escalation point of contact for on-call test engineers.
• Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for manual and automated testing.
• Leads and manages works of the test engineering team that has significant impact on project results/outputs.
• Act as a leader and mentor to other members of the test engineering team.
• Mentor test engineers and consistently share and evangelize program strategies.
• Manage team assignments and tasking to ensure complete coverage of all assigned tasks.
• Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science with 5+ years of progressive experience in a test engineering role within information technology or Master's Degree in relevant field with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Strong test engineering experience.
• Experience with requirements development, management and architectures.
• Experience in conducting security testing.
• Experience in conducting section 508/Accessible compliance testing.
• Knowledge of basic HTML/XHTML coding and CSS.
• Experience with 508 Compliance test scripts and reporting of test results.
• Experience with 508 Compliance testing of web software applications.
• Must have the ability to independently troubleshoot software 508 Compliance issues.
• Experience in developing operational procedures.
• Experience with systems engineering and configuration management processes.
• Strong experience performing verification and functional performance testing, preferably in an agile-focused DevOps environment using manual and automated test methods and tools (e.g., Selenium).
• Experience or familiarity with Agile development and testing methodology.
• Advanced knowledge in systems including Windows, and Linux systems and virtual environment (Citrix, VMware, AWS, OpenStack).
• Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PowerShell, VBScript, etc.
• Sound knowledge, understanding and experience in networking at all protocol stack layers.
• Ability to work at a high technical level on all phases of systems engineering activities.
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
JBLeidos Test Engineering Lead JP2 ICJBMeta