Atlanta GA US
Security Clearance: None
Job Description:No two career paths will ever look the same.
we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business
is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits
of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos,
you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
LEIDOS has immediate openings in multiple locations for Airport Site Lead/Project Manager(s) to provide technical, and project management support to TSA Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for the Transportation Equipment Deployment Services (TEDS) for the Deployment and Logistics Division (DLD). This is a telecommuting opportunity.
This position encompasses the full project lifecycle management as the site lead / project manager. The position involves, site surveys/validations, risk identification and mitigation, coordination, communication, report development, drawing review/comment, construction management / oversight, schedule development and tracking, applying for and closing out local/state construction permits, subcontractor oversight, installation oversight, test witness, and project sell-off / close-out of security systems related to the checkpoint equipment deployments at federalized airports throughout the East region. The position will support the TSA TEDS program to maintain, upgrade, and move the established airport security system to the next generation of capability.Primary Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for project management at assigned airports, including coordination, design support, communication, developing statement of work bid packages, construction oversight, site/equipment layout evaluation, witness test/checkout, site clean-up and restoration.
- The candidate will be responsible for managing up to 5 - 7 projects at various life cycle stages concurrently.
- The candidate will be responsible for conducting a site survey with a design engineer and developing design alternatives/installation plans for the new TSA equipment.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing various reports (i.e. site survey reports, site implementation plans, trip reports) and subcontractor statements of work (i.e. rigging, electrical).
- The candidate may be required to guide or direct the daily activities for assigned teams ranging in size from 2-10 consisting of site technicians, including subcontractors, riggers, vendors, suppliers, and/or local general contractors while on site.
- The candidate will be responsible for facilitating communications and coordination between TSA HQ, local TSA, airport stakeholders, operations management, General Subcontractors, other TSA Vendors, airport authority representatives and state/ local government officials.
- The candidate will exercise expert judgment and assess project, construction, and equipment installation best practices to conduct requirements analysis; review design drawings, specifications, and deliverables; installation, and acceptance testing; and oversee site clean-up and remediation.
- The candidate will successfully monitor the project schedule and keep the team appraised of any possible delays or modified plans to avoid any unnecessary costs to the customer.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter with high energy and initiative to easily adapt to dynamic, fast-paced work environments.
- Physical work locations may vary depending on the assigned airports and the deployment schedule. This position requires up to 75%+ travel to airport locations as assigned. Some work may require non-standard work shifts (during evening or weekends) to accommodate TSA requirements for minimal disruption to airport operations.
- Develop agendas and lead conference call meetings including ad hoc (periodic as requested by TSA or Leidos), weekly integrated project team (IPT), and installation readiness (so called Go / no go") meetings.
- Be well organized, take meeting minutes and disseminate to the team as required.
- Be able to multi-task in a fast paced, exciting environment.
- Be very responsive to Leidos, TSA and other stakeholders request for information, schedule updates, status reporting and forward planning.
- Be proactive and look forward in time to be fully prepared for future activities.
- Punctuality is mandatory; always be on-time or ahead of schedule as the site lead is typically the lead for various elements of their projects
Checkpoint Site Leads shall have the following minimum qualifications:
- Airport Category II-IV - 2 years of Project Management (preferably construction management)
- Demonstrated experience as a Project Manager (preferably construction management) with on-time, on-budget projects, taking into consideration complexities and schedule history for comparable projects.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders on a single project.
- Experience in planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for construction projects.
- Management experience on work performed by field staff and subcontracting firms.
- Experience in resolving compliance issues with federal, state and local authorities on design specifications.
- Thorough understanding of airport construction practices, processes, standards, and their impact on project activities.
- B.S. Degree in a technical field such as Construction, OR Civil, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering is desired.
- TSA experience in the field at a checkpoint or security outpost.
- Professional certifications (i.e., Licensed PE, PMI® PMP, or General Contractor License is a plus).
- Spanish speaker is a big plus.
- Knowledgeable of MS Project, Primavera, or other scheduling tools.
Demonstrative ability to effectively work with, coordinate/make assignments, and manage multi-disciplined teams of technical and project management professionals and interact as the liaison with the customer and stakeholders.
JBLeidos Airport Site Lead/Project Manager JP2 ICJBMeta