Gaithersburg MD US
Security Clearance: Public Trust
Leidos is seeking an Software Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's En-Route Automation Modernization ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance- Broadcast. ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
System functions include:
• RealTime Programming on High Availability Systems
• Multi-threaded programming
• Low Level Operating Systems Customization (RedHat, AIX)
• Low level communication software (TCP-IP, UDP, SCTP)
• Support of Common Services utilized by ERAM Application teams
• System Maintenance Concepts
Responsibilities: Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
• Modernizing the AT control system by improving the availability and performance of the ERAM system.
• Supporting ERAM as it continues to migrate ERAM from the AIX operating systems to Linux. Detailed knowledge of Linux OS and OS concepts desirable.
• Developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control display software within the object oriented environment (primarily Ada95/C++) on a UNIX/Linux platform.
• Performing software development as needed for the ERAM system
• Coordinate Solutions with Systems Engineering
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school education or equivalent and 1+ years of related experience.
Candidates must be enrolled in a degree program in a relevant discipline.
JBLeidos Software Engineering Intern JP2 ICJBMeta