Lanham MD US
Security Clearance: None
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
***Work location is in Lanham, MD; position allows for 2-3days per week telecommuting.***
More About the Role:
Leidos is a large, multi-national corporation specializing in the management of complex technology programs. We have an exciting opportunity within the UK Civil, Defense and Health business working with the Office for National Statistics (ONS) to support the development and delivery of information technology services to the handling and processing of paper census questionnaires. The 2021 Census Questionnaire Management (QM) program, Program Management Office is located in the Southeast of the United Kingdom, near the ONS Titchfield, Hampshire office with the predominance of IT engineering support being provided from the US.
Leidos heritage companies have significant experience in supporting Census operations in the UK (2001 and 2011), USA and Canada. Building on this experience, and the involvement of almost the same team, Leidos has submitted a proposal to support the 2021 Census which includes the production and post-out of blank Questionnaires to Households in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and the receipt, scanning, data capture, keying and coding of returned forms.
What You'll Get to Do:
• Creating detailed software requirements including identification, definition and modeling.
• Designing data structures and interactions used in the application solution.
• Performing the design, development, and testing of applications solutions to achieve the To-Be state.
• Implement third-party products needed to support systems and applications, including development toolkits.
• Develop and conduct unit testing to demonstrate stated requirements are accurate designed and implemented.
- Collaborate with the Test Engineering team in conduct of functional, system, integration, end-to-end, and performance testing of the solution and address defects to meet application requirements.
• Prepare for solution deployment, deployment of the solution, and post deployment plans.
• Experience in development and delivery Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) stages and capability to work in agile development environment.
• Conducting code reviews, identify critical software errors and provide remediation.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
-Requires BS and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior experience.
-Experience developing and integrating business applications to achieve mission aims.
-Experience developing software applications in C#, Visual Studio, .Net.
-Experience integrating commercial software libraries with custom code.
-Experience using SQL to write database queries.
-Experience with source control tools.
-Acts independently to resolve design & development problems; engaging more senior engineering resources.
-Experience of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
-Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle including Agile.
-Experience delivering medium-scale Agile development for complex, mission critical software programs.
-Tools/Technology Experience: Applies technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts. Exposure and usage of applicable languages and software.
-Software languages such as MySQL (Maria) JAVA, JAVA Script, C#, .Net, Visual Studio, Unix/Linux, XML, HTML, Ajax and/or other front-end skills, Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, PBS Pro Workflow, Tomcat, Web Services Development.
-Technical Management Tools such as JIRA Agile/Version One, TOAD, Rally (Requirements Management), Version Manager, and Serena Business Manager (SBM).
-Usability Software such as Microsoft Professional Suite including Project, VISIO, Word, Excel and SharePoint (2010 or newer).
These Qualifcations Would be Nice to Have:
• Experience with image processing and scanning software.
• Experience with MySQL, Maria, and Oracle databases.
• Experience with Tableau administration and development.
• Build automation (Chef preferred, Puppet or Ansible plausible).
JBLeidos C# Senior Software Engineer (Lanham, MD) JP2 ICJBMeta