Fort Detrick MD US
Security Clearance: NACI
The Data Architect / Analyst's position will create actionable, high-impact plans that improve data integration, data quality and data delivery in support of eIT PMO enterprise systems, applications and IT services. The Data Architect / Analyst is responsible for the design, enablement, enhancement, integration, management of the data architecture and ensuring the integration of data throughout the eIT PMO technical enterprise. The core responsibility will be supporting the Chief Architect along with customer liaisons and the Business Analysist on gathering the data and information requirements for designing IT Services. The Data Architect / Analyst (DA) must work closely with the business so that the data architecture is aligned with and capable of supporting the business strategy. As IT solutions are being developed, the Data Architect / Analyst is responsible for the oversight and realization of associated data reports and data analysis products.
Preference is for a DBA (Oracle or MS SQL) with +7 years of experience and having some experience working requirements management. This mid-level position is for someone looking to use their technical knowledge as a springboard for data systems design. Ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to grow professionally as the organization expands.
1. Gathering, customer data needs, designing data structures and ensuring information integration.
2. Maintaining eIT PMO data architecture artifacts and related documents, via close coordination with the Architect, Business Analyst and Product Leads (PL).
3. Define data governance strategy to support Information and Data Architecture objectives.
4. Design and implement data structures that are efficient, scalable, uphold data integrity and quality, easily maintained.
5. Support customer needs for the creation of data reports, presentation and business intelligence
6. Define, design, and oversee implementation of standards and best practices involved in modeling, describing data entities and relationships.
7. Plan for and design the integration of existing data sets to enable the centralized discovery and universal availability of data between applications and systems
8. Create diagrams and other visuals to depict the movement and storage of data in the architecture
9. Stay abreast of existing emerging regulatory developments and requirements for data and information in the medical research industry.
10. Evaluate and prioritize data and information system requirements in coordination with the business process owners.
11. Maintain architectural artifacts such as:
a. Mapping data sources
b. System interfaces and data movement
c. Data storage (structures and tables)
d. Business function relation
12. Support the Chief Architect with updates to the System Engineering Management Plan, IT Service Portfolio and associated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), and Templates to facilitate process improvements and incorporate lessons learned.
13. Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee may be required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
1. Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
2. Update the Product Baseline.
3. Manage the Data Architecture and related Service Portfolio.
4. Lead and/or participate on data centric projects
5. Work closely with the Service Owners/Product Leads, Front End and Back End Integrators/Developers, Architects and key subject matter experts in defining and delivering solutions
6. Work collaboratively with Service Owners/Product Leads to facilitate the preparation of features and functionality documentation and updates to configuration documentation in support of product releases
7. Coordinate with developers and project team members to triage and resolve incidents
8. Contribute to projects from beginning to end with goals of increased efficiency, transparency, integration and quality.
9. Provide input to the weekly development and sustainment team meeting.
10. Attend weekly functional area team and ad hoc meetings.
11. Attend Engineering Review Board meetings and provide input regarding requirements/specifications, release planning, and schedules.
12. Attend Configuration Control Board meetings to provide input regarding requirements and releases.
13. Peer review and QA various eIT PMO document artifacts.
14. Prepares meeting minutes and PowerPoint presentations as needed for briefings to the Government Project Manager (PM).
15. Participate in the execution of test scripts for eIT PMO products.
GENERAL knowledge and understanding:
1. Database architectures, technical structures and development
2. Database administration and creation/design
3. Business Intelligence (BI) Tools
4. Cloud Platforms
5. IT Service Management (ITIL)
6. SAFe Agile
7. DoD acquisition experience
8. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 21 CFR Regulations and Guidelines
9. Army processes and guidelines
10. Be able to understand policies, regulations, and guidelines that must be followed to keep the Project operational.
11. Work schedule must be flexible and may require occasional after hours or weekend work to assist the Product Support and Sustainment team with product downtimes
EDITOR OF PROCEDURUAL DOCUMENTATION:
1. Management Plans and associated SOPs, WIs, and Templates
a. Systems Engineering Management Plan
PRIMARY AUTHOR OF INSTRUCTIONAL DOCUMENTATION:
1. Work Instructions
a. SEMP Annual Requirements Review WI
b. SEMP Creation and Maintenance of RTM WI
c. SEMP Functional Configuration Audit (FCA) WI
MANDATORY TRAINING/ REQUIRED TRAINING ON DOCUMENTATION:
1. Completed as required per DoD, eIT PMO, and contracting agency.
2. Defense Contracting Officer's Representative Handbook:
a. Chapter 7 - Contract Administration
b. Chapter 8 - Monitoring the Contractor
c. Chapter 9 - Monitor Service Contracts
1. Bachelor's Degree or relevant formal accreditation related to IT services and support is required.
2. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must in order to interface with multiple teams on business and information management processes.
3. Experience in Department of Defense environment preferred.
4. 5 years' experience in the IT field w/ ideal candidate having worked as a DBA
5. Must be able to successfully complete a NACI background investigation.
6. U.S. citizenship.
7. Maintain a professional and courteous manner at all times
8. Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training, and also be a strong team player when called upon.
9. Understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project and Visio).
10. An eye for detail and demonstrate the ability to absorb and clearly document complex problems.
11. Have an aptitude for continued learning.
12. Physical capabilities: work may involve long periods of sitting and or standing.
JBLeidos IT Data Architect JP2 ICJBMeta