GCubed Inc is searching for an experienced Desktop Support Specialist to support the U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center on Fort Belvoir, VA. We have an immediate need to fill this full-time onsite support position with a dynamic team. The ideal candidate will provide technical expertise to identify operational and processing problems, evaluate alternative approaches, and perform, plan, and implement recommended resolutions.
- Provide Windows Desktop System Administration services and be responsible for the installation, configuration, overall management of all hardware and software related to USAASC’s desktop/laptop computing environment.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot the approved standard suite of software.
- Physically transport and place PCs/workstations/ laptops/ printers/faxes/phones to areas within USAASC's office building and join the PCs, workstations, and laptops to the designated network (ability to lift and transport 50 pounds required.)
- Respond with answers to user's questions related to establishing network passwords, publishing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates to support Common Access Card (CAC) login and e-mail encryption/ digital signature, creating network drives, and setting up Microsoft Outlook.
- Perform manual installation of software, software upgrades, and software security patches on PCs/workstations/laptops.
- Create and update drive images with GHOST software for PC/workstation/laptop configurations; imaging process shall be automated.
- Contact external vendors if needed to repair hardware/software under warranty or under a maintenance contract.
- Perform hardware troubleshooting and repair (using government furnished computer parts) on PCs/workstations/laptops not under warranty or under a maintenance contract.
- Troubleshoot and resolve PC/workstation/printer to network connectivity issues in response to users submitting a service request through USAASC's ticketing system.
- Keep PC/workstation/laptop antivirus software up-to-date using automated and manual procedures.
- Quarantine, clean virus affected PCs/workstations and laptops. In the event a PC cannot be cleaned, PC/workstations and laptops shall be re-imaged.
- As part of Daily Status Reporting utilizing Ricoh web interface, remotely monitor status of network printers to identify impending maintenance, repair, and supply needs and report that status to the Government IT Operations Manager through Daily reporting or verbally/e-mail should immediate action be required by Government personnel.
- Monitor USAASC's software inventories tracked within the software tracking spreadsheet and alerts the Government IT Operations Manager verbally or via e-mail when availability issues might be forecasted to occur.
- Activate, manage and troubleshoot Government IPhones
- Program, manage and troubleshoot Network Xerox machines
- Troubleshoot connection issues/conference room display/pc issues with VTC equipment
- Setup, manage hardware/software, troubleshoot smartboard system
- Manage, monitor AD machine
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in an enterprise helpdesk or desktop support role
- Minimum of an Active Secret Security Clearance
- Security+ Certification (Required)
- One of the following certifications is required: A+ Certification, MCP, or a Microsoft Certification
- Experience with desktop support
- Experience troubleshooting Windows 10
- Must be able to interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills a must
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
GCubed Inc. is an organization which offers specialized IT services to various branches of the government. We pride ourselves on employing exceptional individuals who excel