Xcellent Technology Solutions is looking for Cartographers to support our customer in Springfield, VA. The candidate will provide cartographic support related to the production and maintenance of maps, Nautical charts, and other geographic locational materials. The cartographer will provide feature extraction, cartographic production, and periodic updating of cartographic material supporting GEOINT analysis and external partnering agreements in the Intelligence Community.
-Active TS/SCI Clearance
- 3 to 10 years of cartographic finishing and feature extraction related
- Knowledge of feature data extraction and attribution process.
- Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and PLTS
- Knowledge of geospatial database content management.
- Knowledge of basic coordinate systems (latitude and longitude, UTM)
- Knowledge of projections and their properties
- Knowledge of symbolization rules (how symbols are used to portray features)
- Demonstrated ability to collect data from rasterized sources including the
proper rectifying of the source if so required.
- Experience working with geospatial data in a multi-user enterprise
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel.
- Experience in creating shapefiles, geodatabases, and features.
- Knowledgeable in cartographic finishing techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to export data in multiple formats, predominantly standard
- MILSPEC as well as shapefiles.
- Knowledge of generalization rules.
- Demonstrated ability to use imagery for the purposes of nautical chart
- Experience with combining digital cartography, computer technology, GIS,
cartographic and geospatial production techniques, remote sensing,
photogrammetry, and digital data formats.