Position Summary –
Seeking a TECHEX Engineer located in Fort Bragg, NC with OCONUS travel. The candidate shall be a self-starter with experience work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts. Must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users. Provides recommendations and advice on technical solutions that improve network efficiencies and performance, develop technical implementation plans for approved technical solutions to include engineering diagrams, schedules and equipment cost estimates.
The position requires an experienced, self-directed, technical exploitation technician to work in a full-time capacity who would be responsible for performing, managing, maintaining, and training exploitation of a technical nature. This position requires frequent travel to various locations. During travel, responsibilities include but are not limited to installing, debugging, maintaining, upgrading, general support, training, briefings, employing and fielding of technical exploitation systems and peripherals. The position will serve as the Subject Matter Expert in relation to the collection and handling of SSE/CM ensuring triage and technical exploitation occurs in accordance with priority requirements.
The position requires the individual to be able to coordinate, manage and synchronize Technical Exploitation and Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) operations ensuring overall effectiveness. The position will be expected to provide expertise in recovery and analysis of files stored on flash memory drives (thumb drives) that provide evidence of illicit activities, recovery and analysis of internet history files linking a subject to a specific activity which was made on a specific day, at a specific time, recovery and backup of all data stored on a cell phone to use in differing types of investigations, to provide backups, or to recover data from damaged cell phones, and recovery and analysis of information retrieved from a computer hard drive, which may provide evidence that an individual intentionally engaged in specific activities under investigation.
Experience with forensic tools (EnCase® and others) will be important for the successful candidate. The position is also responsible for conducting biometric and forensic operations, training, and maintenance. The training requires both structured and tailored instruction for end user groups and individuals. This position requires frequent briefings (formal and informal) and status reports to Senior Leadership, often on short or no notice. Physical requirements demand the ability to carry weight up to 40 pounds over uneven terrain in a harsh environment. This position has a travel requirement of a rotational basis, 8 months in and 4 months out. However, for those who are accustomed and want a longer travel schedules we can accommodate. During non-travel times, you will support the customer site at Fort Bragg, NC. These responsibilities include researching, evaluating, and recommending technologies and techniques to improve support to the end user; creating and maintaining documentation for all processes and procedures; conducting briefings and training for supported end users.
Your expertise in exhibiting strong technical skills as they relate to Microsoft Windows technologies including but not limited to: Windows Server 2003/2007, Windows XP, SQL Server 2000/2005, Networking (to include wireless), third party applications and scripting language will greatly enhance your success.
Your strength and experience in maintaining and configuring computer hardware (i.e. servers, workstations, satellite communications, and a variety of peripheral devices) would help us accomplish our mission. Your oversight will be needed in developing and documenting administrative operational procedures as needed based on new tasks or requirements. You would be entrusted to interact daily with supervisors and supported special operations units.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyzes moderately complex communication systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices
• Resolves interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms including e-mail, files transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and the like
• Configures systems to user environments
• Supports acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed
• May contribute to proposal efforts
• Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
• Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
• May lead less experienced engineers.
• A DOD Top Secret/SCI Clearance
• Minimum of eight years experience within DoD or equivalent with Government agencies, with six years at the operational level
• Strong oral and written communications skills and be capable of effectively directing subordinates
• Ability to function as a member of a team while also capable of operation alone with little to no supervision or constant guidance
• Strong background fusing technical exploitation into all source intelligence products
• Excellent communication and teaching skills.
Additional Desirable Skills and Knowledge
• Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline minimum.
• Formal Computer Forensics/Investigation training
• Experience conducting MEDEX operations
• Experience or formal training in Biometric/Forensic Systems, collections, and databases/architecture
• Extensive knowledge of how Technical Exploitation enables the Intelligence Cycle
• Military background and experience with Special Operations