System Administrator I & II
System Administrator I and II will have the skills listed below. Each level may have additional education, skill and/or experience requirements
The System Administrator provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
Required skills include:
· Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance required.
· U.S. Citizenship required.
· Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following shell and scripting languages: Bourne, C, Krone, Bash, Perl, Batch, VBScript, etc.
· Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: Windows, Solaris, AIX, Red Hat, IRIX, Linux or UNIX.
· Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with trouble-ticket or other tracking system.
· Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: networking protocols and applications (e.g., DNS, TCP/IP stack, sockets, console, license, NFS, SAMBA, and back-up, SAN and mail servers).
· Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
· Perform regular maintenance and troubleshooting on system.
· Maintain the integrity and security of IT system.
· Prepare and maintain system documentation and process documentation.
· Interact with users
· Adhere to policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
· Develop and implement system testing strategies and document results.
· Provide advice and training to end-users.
· Provide remote access capability for users using approved secure access methods.
· Provide software upgrade plans for Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) software to the Change Management process.
· Conduct testing using approved testing procedures for all new staged hardware/software (GFE), as well as components that have been updated, received patches, and/or have been repaired.
· Establish and maintain user accounts, passwords, etc.
· Support shift work, as required.
Desired skills include:
· Experience or familiarity with Agile development methodology.
· Relevant certifications desired (Red Hat, Microsoft, Oracle, Solaris, UNIX, etc.)
· DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I required.
System Administrator I
· No demonstrated experience required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or a related discipline is required. [Four (4) years of experience may be substituted for a degree.]
System Administrator II
· Two (2) or more years of system administration experience required. [A Master’s degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience]
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or a related discipline is required. [Four (4) years of experience (for a total of six (6) or more years) may be substituted for a degree.]