Database Engineer I and II available (based on level, additional responsibilities, education and skills required.)
The Database Engineer provides technical expertise for database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis. Develops relational and/or Object-Oriented databases, database parser software, and database loading software. Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design.
· Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance required.
· U.S. Citizenship required.
· Apache Hadoop, PostgresSQL, MYSQL or VMware or Oracle DBMS knowledge
· Possess knowledge of SQL Server and its tools including the facets of successfully administering a wide range of simple to highly complex environments.
· Experience with data and schema design and engineering
· Demonstrated practical experience with data migration from legacy systems to central repositories
· Industry standard exchange schema implementation experience (E.g. Cybox or Capec)
· Be able to evaluate and install new software releases, patches and system upgrades.
· Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of database tuning: software configuration, memory usage, data access, data manipulation, SQL, and physical storage.
· Experience supporting technology strategy / roadmap.
· Experience with development and execution of database security policies, procedures and auditing-experience with database authentication methods, authorization methods, and data encryption techniques.
· Possess good communication skills, both oral and written.
· Must work well in a team environment as well as independently.
· Must exhibit good time management skills, independent decision making capability; focus on customer service.
· Ability to work with the other technical members of the team to administer and support the overall database and applications environment.
· Experience database engineering support to DHS, DoD or Intelligence Customers
· Data Scientist skills and experience
· Understanding of Certification and Accreditation (NIST 800-53) processes as they apply to database technologies
· Operating system and hardware platform knowledge preferred.
· Experience working with large unstructured data sets
· Experience with Map/Reduce technologies
· Experience with process development and deployment
· Trained in Six Sigma Methodology
· ITIL knowledge and certification
· Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP): Data Scientist
· CCDH: Cloudera Certified Developer for Apache Hadoop
· CCAH: Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop
· CCSHB: Cloudera Certified Specialist in Apache HBase
· CSSLP Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional
· Database specific certifications as appropriate to position
· DODI 8570.1 Compliance at IAT Level I certification highly desired.
Database Engineer I
· No demonstrated experience required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics OR related field. [Four (4) years of experience may be substituted for a degree.]
Database Engineer II
· Two (2) or more years of database engineering experience required. [A Master’s degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience]
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics OR related field. [Four (4) years of experience (for a total of six (6) or more years) may be substituted for a degree.]
· Translates a set of requirements and data into a usable database schema by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts and macros,
· Updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file.
· Assists in developing databases, database parser software, and database loading software.
· Assists in developing database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development