JAVA BIG-DATA DEVELOPER - Active TS/SCI FSP CLEARANCE
- Create and modify applications using Java, distributed processing, and web technologies as part of a broader development team.
- Support customers in analyzing data using descriptive, exploratory, predictive, explanatory, and prescriptive methods with the creation of automation using the latest machine learning, business intelligence, search, and intelligent data technologies.
- Support the planning of system and development deployment and meeting software compliance standards.
- Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
- BS degree in CS, Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Experience with distributed data processing architectures and frameworks, such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, SOLR, Elastic Search, Kafka, Impala, and Cassandra
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), such as ECS, Lambda, and S3
- Experience in trouble-shooting very complex distributed environments, including following stack traces back to code and come up with a root cause
- Experience with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes, including document parsing techniques and managing large data sets, at multi-TB scale
- Experience with Oracle, Celect, Informatica, Cloudera, Javlin, and other Business Intelligence (BI) technologies a plus
- Applied statistics or data science experience a plus
- Research, design, develop, analyze, and modify Cloud-based enterprise-wide systems and applications software.
- Evaluate the interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of the overall system, identify optimizations, and convincingly communicate recommendations to customers and team.
- Provide expertise in the use of Cloud architectures and solutions to support software development in a DevOps environment.
- Leverage complete comprehension and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field and apply general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determine and provide analysis for approach to solutions.
Location of Position: Multiple locations in Northern Virginia
If Travel is required, how much? 5%
Work Schedule: Day Shift